SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Super Redhawk In 10 MM
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Super Redhawk In 10 MM Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
Per TFB, Ruger's got a new Super Redhawk out in 10mm. 6.5" barrel, stainless steel, and...to paraphrase Para in the 9mm revolver thread, some people keep a supply of 10mm ammo in the house but not .41 mag.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...-super-redhawk-10mm/

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its pretty cool, but a GP100 in 10 would make for a better carry gun. Should be plenty strong for it.
Hello.....Ruger? GP100 in 10. And 6 shot, too!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: YooperSigs,

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Its pretty cool, but a GP100 in 10 would make for a better carry gun. Should be plenty strong for it.
Hello.....Ruger? GP1100 in 10. And 6 shot, too!

I agree, 54oz is too much gun for a 10mm.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Great, something to appeal to three of my most expensive addictions
1. Revolvers
2. Stainless firearms
3. Anything in 10mm

I should be glad they don’t build motorcycles.....
But, a blacked out, big bore, Ruger vtwin......

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t get the part of that article where it mentions reinforcing for powerful 10mm loads. Because the SRH can handle 300gr 44mags but not 220gr 10mm? I wish that at least they had made it in a 4.5” redhawk or better yet a GP100. Still pretty cool thought.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
http://www.clementscustomguns.com/gp100.html

Although the SRH probably won’t sell for MSRP, you could get a GP100 and a Clements conversion and be close.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
I don’t get the part of that article where it mentions reinforcing for powerful 10mm loads.

I think they were trying to explain why Ruger chambered a big bruiser like the SRH in 10mm rather than a simple Redhawk (or perhaps even a GP100).

I gotta admit, though, I'm digging Ruger's trend back towards longer barrels and revolvers that are beefier than need be for the cartridges they fire. The "light totin'" crowd has been accommodated from here to the far side of forever, so it's nice to see something a little more geared towards the recoil wimps in the crowd like myself.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
This gun is on the Ruger website now.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:

Where is the like button?

I hope they don't. It'll make me broke(r). That's something I'd have to add to my GP100 collection.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that I looked on the website I think TFB was just lazy and didn’t bother to read the other SRH descriptions. All of them mentioned being reinforced so I don’t think it’s anything special to the 10mn version.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
I don’t get the part of that article where it mentions reinforcing for powerful 10mm loads.

I think they were trying to explain why Ruger chambered a big bruiser like the SRH in 10mm rather than a simple Redhawk (or perhaps even a GP100).

I gotta admit, though, I'm digging Ruger's trend back towards longer barrels and revolvers that are beefier than need be for the cartridges they fire. The "light totin'" crowd has been accommodated from here to the far side of forever, so it's nice to see something a little more geared towards the recoil wimps in the crowd like myself.

Posts: 715 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
A GP100 in 10mm. I'm in too!!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I’d be all over a GP IN 10! I love the GP platform!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
So this will be good for 40SW also, correct?

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
For people who like the 10mm, but don't like any recoil whatsoever.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Most of the Super Redhawk's are targeted at hunters or bear protection. This would fit in holster maker's existing molds and the holsters of people who already own a .44 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .454 Casull, or .480 Ruger.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I originally posted about how Clements Customs has been doing 10MM GP100's for years, and WTF is up with Ruger instead using the Super Redhawk. Then I went to Clement's webpage and read the following about their conversion : "These guns tend to be very accurate with .40's and 10's and will handle most all commercial ammo. This is a medium frame gun and should be treated as such. Ammo which is loaded to maximum pressure levels should be used sparingly." So maybe the Super Redhawk frame was necessary after all.

Posts: 480 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Part of the price Ruger pays for being Ruger, perhaps? There are more than a few people out there whose first thought on seeing the word "Ruger" is "Ruger-only loads".

Incidentally, that may also explain why Ruger doesn't seem to be in a hurry to produce a 5-shot .41 Mag GP100.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
If they did the GP 100 in 10MM, I'd have to add 10MM to my arsenal.

If Ruger is issuing funky guns, I'd really like a short barrel .480 Ruger.

More power than my .44 mag, bigger and badder than anything you can put in .45 Colt, and not .454 Casull or .475 Linebaugh recoil.

It's silly, but I really want one!

If I was going to go 10MM at this time, I'd have to go with the Glock 40. That thing just screams WOODS GUN to me. A gun as big and heavy as a SRH simply needs more than 10MM power.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When people think of Ruger’s they think indestructible. I’m thinking the GP couldn’t be that so built it on the SRH. Please oh please make it in a 4” Redhawk.

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Part of the price Ruger pays for being Ruger, perhaps? There are more than a few people out there whose first thought on seeing the word "Ruger" is "Ruger-only loads".

Incidentally, that may also explain why Ruger doesn't seem to be in a hurry to produce a 5-shot .41 Mag GP100.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Ah, see, I'm thinking in a slightly different direction. The 5" 5-shot GP100 isn't bad. I'm wondering if a blued 5" GP100 wouldn't be a great vehicle for Ruger to finally make an honest cartridge of the .41 Special. If it isn't quite as strong as Ruger would like for the Magnum, surely a Special can be made that would accommodate longer, heavier bullets?

quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
If Ruger is issuing funky guns, I'd really like a short barrel .480 Ruger.

Pic at the top of the webpage, Item No. 5302 on the chart at the bottom of the webpage.

http://www.ruger.com/products/...kAlaskan/models.html

That looks like too much funk for my junk, personally.