SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Legion sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legion sights Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a legion P229 in .357 sig. I love everything about it except the sights. Sights are 8/8.

Using a combat hold, I shoot low. It may be me, but I really have a hard time lining up the dots. I have a 229 SAS in 9mm with night sights and do not have any problem.

I have a friend that just got the same pistol in 9mm and he is having a similar issue.

Any tips with these sights? If you have changed your sights, what works better for you?

Thank you,

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With my m11 came 8/6. I was shooting high. I put 8/8 aim just below the center. Using 6 o'clock hold and aside from a little left I am gtg. Painfully accurate and predictable

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Line up the sights and not the dots.
The dots are for quick reference only.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Line up the sights and not the dots.
The dots are for quick reference only.

Bob

Agreed. The dots are useful only in the dark

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mas4363:
I recently purchased a legion P229 in .357 sig. I love everything about it except the sights. Sights are 8/8.

Using a combat hold, I shoot low. It may be me, but I really have a hard time lining up the dots. I have a 229 SAS in 9mm with night sights and do not have any problem.

I have a friend that just got the same pistol in 9mm and he is having a similar issue.

Any tips with these sights? If you have changed your sights, what works better for you?

Thank you,

Try shooting your pistol from a rest on the bench and ignore the dots. Your sight alignment should be equal height, equal light in the notch, without regard to the night sight tubes.

The bench shooting will tell the story. Most of the students I encounter with the problem you describe clear it up with improved trigger management.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I've had great success with the Xray Sights that come on the Legion. I've put them on three of my P320's and the shoot to point of aim very well. If you find that you can't live with yours, I'd be happy to trade a set of Meprolights for your Xray sights. I have both sight pushers and can do the installation for you. All you would need to do is send me your slide. I'd pay the postage both ways.

My email is in my profile if you decide that you want to trade.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the X-ray sights. I need to figure out what to order for the older P229 in 357SIG I got from a buddy of mine. I wish I could put them on my Glock 20 (and other future glocks) for that matter.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I was at the SIG Pro Shop yesterday afternoon and saw that the X-ray / Legion sights come in two variants - 'square notch' & 'round notch'....Which do we like and why? Which variant comes on the Legion?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's square notch on my legion.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Square notch versus U- Notch is personal preference. Some say that the U- Notch allows the shooter to pick the sights up quicker. But, it comes down to personal preference, really.

I like the X-Ray sights. The one thing I like is that they zero quite well at 25 yards on the 9mm offerings I have tried them on. I'm not hot nor cold on the green dot, I think I like the orange of the Trijicon HD a bit better.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post