SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Advice on refinishing an aluminum framed Sig
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice on refinishing an aluminum framed Sig Login/Join 
Picture of frogger
posted
I have a Sig P220 Elite Scorpion in .45ACP. I love how the gun shoots, but I've gotten tired of the FDE look. I want to convert it to a durable black or maybe dark grey finish. I remember reading quite a while back that it was difficult to refinish an aluminum framed gun since removing the old finish could remove the anodizing and weaken the metal. Does anyone know of a safe way to do this and someone that is skilled enough to do it right?

••••••••••••••••••••
"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 5409 | Location: NC, USA | Registered: November 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

They can take care of you.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
WCB Beat me to it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Cera-Hide black or Tritanium gray by CCR. Don't worry. They will NOT strip off the anodization from the alloy frame.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Their house black might look nice.

Here’s my P229 in tritanium and my P228 in CPII/Nikote. Ignore the cat hair

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
CCR.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
CCR

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with everyone else, CCR.

For me they were slow and not very responsive in communication. But man, they did a GREAT JOB on my old beat up, W German P220. CCR is really good!

Posts: 365 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: April 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Same answer as above. (The responders to your query have a collective 56K posts on this forum. That alone should provide THE answer to your question.) Smile

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post