SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Carry first impressions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Carry first impressions Login/Join 
posted
This weekend I stopped by the local indoor range and took the opportunity to shoot both the Sig P320rx and the P320 Carry. The target is from the 30 rounds fired from the non-optic sighted Carry.

Shot at about 21 feet with probably a fat second between shots and a break to reload the magazine. This is the first time I've shot a 320.

These are just the impressions of a recreational shooter.

The gun requires a 6 O'clock hold.
Very nice and smooth stock trigger.
This lefthander much appreciates the ease of discovery and movement of Sig magazine releases. This gun was no exception to that.
This is probably a dumb description but overall the gun felt smooth and, except for the FTE, I felt a growing "connection" to the gun.

Negatives
I had one failire to eject (this is a concern)
Don't care for siglite sights. I felt myself searching for the front sight. With my eyes I see three dots, all a bit dim and blurry.

The P320rx
Very cool concept with, at least for me, a big negative. As a left hander I slingshot the slide on all my guns; Glocks, Sigs, Browning HP, and CZ75. When I did this on the P320rx the middle finger on my right hand messed up the location of the dot (at least I think is what happened as when back on target, no dot!).

Overall, I really like the gun.

When time allows I will rent one again and try it at 50 feet. This particular range requires one second between shots so, I will need to spot a generous soul with one at the local outdoor range to see how it stacks up against my G26 or beloved P226 at speed.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silent:
......Negatives
I had one failure to eject (this is a concern)
Don't care for siglite sights. I felt myself searching for the front sight. With my eyes I see three dots, all a bit dim and blurry......

Don't worry...it's a rental. Could be dirty, not lubed properly, ammo or gunked up.

Regarding three-dot sights, both night and white dot. I stopped using them 20 years ago. Visual clutter for me. Many who want night sights or fiber just use black on the rear. Draws the eye to the front sight. My own current preferences are black/black on all my guns. Warren Tactical or Heinie. The P320 line uses the same sights as equivalent classic P-series guns.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to shoot a 320 compact recently and was thoroughly impressed with it. After two magazines I could not miss my steel plate at 15 yards. Great shooter.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nipper
"
Don't worry...it's a rental. Could be dirty, not lubed properly, ammo or gunked up.

Regarding three-dot sights, both night and white dot. I stopped using them 20 years ago. Visual clutter for me. Many who want night sights or fiber just use black on the rear. Draws the eye to the front sight. My own current preferences are black/black on all my guns. Warren Tactical or Heinie. The P320 line uses the same sights as equivalent classic P-series guns."

Thanks for the advice. Next time I rent I'll cover the rear sights with dots of black electrical tape.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post