SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Did Sig discontinue the X-Carry?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Sig discontinue the X-Carry? Login/Join 
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted
I can't seem to find anything current about them, only the X-Five Legion and the X-Compact.

Anyone know?

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
It's no longer listed on the Sig website, but was just a few weeks ago.

BudsGunShop.com still has them in stock if you're trying to grab one.

I bought one last month and added the X-Compact grip frame for shooting IDPA CCP division.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talked to the guy at Sig booth yesterday at shot show and he said they discontinued all of their factory carry frame models. According to him they will still make the frames as conversions, but no factory built models on the carry frame.

He said it was a non needed factory size somewhere between compact and full size blah blah blah... I would assume it’s because the carry frame was probably the most popular so they are forcing people to buy a frame size they don’t want and buying the carry frame separately in order to sell more frames. Just my opinion though

I didn’t ask, but I would assume the m18 will still exist on carry frame

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sometimes too many options is a bad thing... At least for inventory and sales staff...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. I think Sig has had far too many models of the same gun.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Talked to Sig today, the X Carry is only available to LE now.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a small black carry frame for my M17 and it's just a small full frame with some of the dustcover milled off and beveled. It looks pretty bad. Guess they won't bother making a real small carry injection mold now.

But the newer X-Carry small grip isn't a cut down full, so go figure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Bummer, I was hoping to purchase one sometime in the not to distant future. I love my X-Compact and always wanted an X-Carry to go along with it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Well I'm now being told on the FB page that the X-carry still exists but it's design is being updated. No more upper slide opening and they've removed the 'X-Carry' on the side.

I don't really know, I'm gonna try to grab one soon just in case.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Glad i juast bought the grip module because I could care less about the flat trigger and the x carry or the cut outs. I believe they are the only three differnaces

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The XCarry also has a Crowned Barrel and Tighter Lockup between the Barrell and Slide. You definitely cannot take an XCarry Barrell abd put it in an older slide. I have an xcarry and it is my EDC. The Flat Trigger and lockup does make it a little better than my standard 320.

Posts: 2 | Location: Douglasville GA | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The XCarry also has a Crowned Barrel and Tighter Lockup between the Barrell and Slide.

I'm not a 320 guru but I like to follow along somewhat on what's going on. so since every sig 320 (excluded threaded) barrel is the same at the muzzle ( that I've ever seen anyway, certainly not all of them) and I'm also pretty sure that sig wouldn't have designed a modular pistol that wasn't modular. Or at least they would bother noting that somewhere. So to educate me what is the source of the above information and what does it actually mean?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
The XCarry also has a Crowned Barrel and Tighter Lockup between the Barrell and Slide.

I'm not a 320 guru but I like to follow along somewhat on what's going on. so since every sig 320 (excluded threaded) barrel is the same at the muzzle ( that I've ever seen anyway, certainly not all of them) and I'm also pretty sure that sig wouldn't have designed a modular pistol that wasn't modular. Or at least they would bother noting that somewhere. So to educate me what is the source of the above information and what does it actually mean?

This is true. The original 320 X series guns (X-5, X-Compact and X-VTAC) had the so-called pre-tension barrels for tighter lockup. The barrels for the VTAC and X-Compact had recessed crowns to help distinguish them from regular full and compact barrels.

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post