SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What model Sig size matches p239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What model Sig size matches p239 Login/Join 
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted
Was wondering what model in current production would be similar in hand fit to the p239.
I preferred my 239s to a 226/8 models and I just can't on the 365 bandwagon. Had 365 since last July and still shooting low & left. Just seems too small for my hand.
And I am also not happy with mag release. Shape and position is awkward for me.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P225-A1. Slightly restyled and re-engineered version of the P239. Only available in 9mm.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
P225-A1. Slightly restyled and re-engineered version of the P239. Only available in 9mm.

SIG P225-A1 is no longer in current production.

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I agree the P225-A1 is the most current equivalent (discontinued?) to the P239.

That said, shooting 'low & left' with a gun that is widely known to be a 'tack driver' is very likely caused by shooting technique and NOT the gun. Low & Left is commonly caused by the shooter anticipating recoil (flinching) and pushing the gun / pulling the shot. I you've got bit mits, you may need to adjust your finger placement on the trigger to improve/straighten trigger pull. Actually, a better description might be trigger press vs. trigger pull. I've caught myself doing the same at times with a gun I'm not completely familiar with....Just Say in' Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
There would be nothing wrong with going back to a P239

There are plenty of them out there

I have no intention of getting rid of mine

A manufacturer discontinuing a firearm does not mean the public will stop using it. Besides you can not get a P225=A1 chambered in 357SIG

If I want something P365 sized, I carry a HK P2000SK in 357SIG

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG P225-A1 is no longer in current production.

Well that was an all too short run. Just like the P227. Thanks for the info. Maybe if SIG NH hadn't priced it like they did, they might have sold enough to keep it around. Then again, they can't make enough of the P365s as it is now; no use keeping around a relatively slow mover if they can sell hundreds of 365s for every one P225-A1 that leaves their factory.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P320C should be close in size, no?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:

This, if you're going to stick with SIGs.
If it's not broke, why try and fix it?

Either pick-up a spare, or load up on spare parts/magazines for what you have.

If you want to stick with a DA/SA pistol that's single stack and the same approximate size, perhaps check out a Springfield XD-E.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 XL, being larger, would probably reduce the tendency to flinch or hold too tight. You can get a full three fingers on the grip.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Nice to have options. My P239 was purchased in .357 Sig, but I needed it in .40 S&W to meet the requirements of my employing agency (as a LEO). All I had to do was purchase a new barrel in that caliber. Later, I wanted to have the option of carrying it in 9mm. A new barrel and recoil spring was all it needed. The .357 Sig and .40 S&W magazines worked just fine with 9mm rounds.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:

I have no intention of getting rid of mine

I also still have mine but was kinda looking to reduce weight.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P320 compact is light.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet collection you have there colt saa!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're going the P320 route, I would suggest the X-Compact.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
The below picture is of course not a true comparison because my Compact P320 has a few additional items on it... but they are close the Compact and the P239... of course you would have to decide on striker fired...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post