SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Clueless Glock 30 owner asks?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clueless Glock 30 owner asks? Login/Join 
Picture of Udo
posted
My ex Highway patrol Gen 2 G30 has two threaded holes in the slide back plate.
Any idea what they are for? Don't worry, I accept humiliation well.

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone makes a spring steel "clip" that attaches to the gun that lets you stuff it into your pants without a holster. I would guess that the two holes attach the clip to the gun.
Scary rig with a Glock, BTW!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Don't know those holes specifics, but the back plate is easily manipulated to create a full auto pistol. At one time an altered plate was offered in Europe for this purpose. Unfortunately, it was forbidden to be imported in the US.

Maybe those holes were intricate in this manipulation.

I do not know.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Concur, springclip to carry IWB without a holster
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
My ex Highway patrol Gen 2 G30 has two threaded holes in the slide back plate.
Any idea what they are for? Don't worry, I accept humiliation well.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Most probably this or something similar.

quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Don't know those holes specifics, but the back plate is easily manipulated to create a full auto pistol. At one time an altered plate was offered in Europe for this purpose. Unfortunately, it was forbidden to be imported in the US.

Maybe those holes were intricate in this manipulation.

I do not know.

Those mechanisms had their own complete back plate with a pin that would engage the sear parts in the pistol as it closed into battery. This would make the pistol fire fully automatic. I haven't seen anything about them in ten years.

I'd travel as far away from such parts as fast as I could as they would most likely be illegal.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most likely, a G30 would have been issued to a plainclothes duty Trooper of some sort (protection detail, investigations, TFO, etc.) The spring clip IWB carry slots are most likely the purpose. Doubtful (though possible) it was an allowed method of carry or alteration/add-on, and hence was used off the books, or the firearm was allowed to be purchased after the agency issued new firearms or the Trooper retired and purchased it, as some agencies allow.

Posts: 120 | Location: Kansas | Registered: December 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are slide racking devices that attach to or replace the rear cover plate, likewise the clips.

The plate is replaceable for a few dollars.

Both my G30 and G36 have very light triggers. I'd not want either carried without the trigger covered in a holster. I'm not a big fan of the belt clips, in part for that reason.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
There are slide racking devices that attach to or replace the rear cover plate, likewise the clips.

The plate is replaceable for a few dollars.

Both my G30 and G36 have very light triggers. I'd not want either carried without the trigger covered in a holster. I'm not a big fan of the belt clips, in part for that reason.

Awww. You're just not professional enough to handle the Glock Fo-Tay!

Seriously, I never holster a gun where the hammer is exposed either. Recipe for disaster.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Udo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the enlightening responses. I forgot the pistol most likely had a life after it's time in Nebraska.
The device HK-Guy linked to looks like the probable culprit. But after the possibility of sear modification has been mentioned, I definitely going to replace the plate. I don't like the appearance of evil. Used to have an old well worn Savage 1907 that would run away due to sear wear. A very scary experience!

Posts: 1762 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: January 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Spring clip or slide racker.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
^

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Slide racker was my first guess. There are many plate options out there. It would be more of the holes being open than anything else.

(image and/or Glock is not mine, this one is too stock for me Big Grin )

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Udo:
Thanks for the enlightening responses. I forgot the pistol most likely had a life after it's time in Nebraska.
The device HK-Guy linked to looks like the probable culprit. But after the possibility of sear modification has been mentioned, I definitely going to replace the plate. I don't like the appearance of evil. Used to have an old well worn Savage 1907 that would run away due to sear wear. A very scary experience!

I have a few of those back plates in my Glock parts box.
Send me your address and I'll toss one in the mail for you if you'd like.
Email in profile..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post