SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 Trigger Bite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 Trigger Bite Login/Join 
posted
I really liked my P365 but it somehow it pinched the pad of my trigger finger. I have the same problem with Glocks but that is a whole different design. I bought the Sig straight trigger and had it installed but no improvement, I tried the P365XL, that comes with the straight trigger but same thing. The only thing I can figure is maybe it's being pinched between the tip of the trigger and the inside of the triggerguard. I actually sold my Sig but I miss it and am thinking of buying an XL. The Grayguns trigger doesn't look all that different from the Sig flat trigger except it's twice as much. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking of cutting the trigger finger off of a rubber glove and use that each time I go to the range.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have that problem, and your finger protector idea would probably work at the range, but I am betting if you haven't developed a flinch from this you will eventually.

Rather than the protector idea

What about making a video or having a shooting buddy study your finger when your pulling the trigger, to see what your hand is doing when you pull the trigger

Do you have large hands?

What part of your finger is doing the pulling?

Do you have to much finger on the trigger?

RC

Posts: 1941 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
I don't have that problem, and your finger protector idea would probably work at the range, but I am betting if you haven't developed a flinch from this you will eventually.

Rather than the protector idea

What about making a video or having a shooting buddy study your finger when your pulling the trigger, to see what your hand is doing when you pull the trigger

Do you have large hands?

What part of your finger is doing the pulling?

Do you have to much finger on the trigger?

Appreciate the input. I actually have smaller hands and short fingers. I like the idea of having someone watch me. It might help if I concentrate on keeping my finger higher on the trigger.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 64TI
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck videoing myself with my phone and then watching it later. I have the slow motion function and can really analyze what is going on while shooting. Set up so you can see everything you want to see.

"Buzzards got to eat, same as worms"

Posts: 785 | Location: Oklahoma City. Oklahoma | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had similar problems in the past with various pistols. I ,too, have small hands and short fingers. I strongly suspect that I'm not getting my hand up high enough in the grip and it's being reflected in the positioning of my trigger finger.

Sometimes , it has been helpful to make sure that the inside of the trigger guard is very smooth. Ie: 320 grit followed by 400 grit and 800 grit and even finer when I have it. I try to not take off any significant amount of plastic , just to make it smooth.

I like the video idea . If it's just a training issue...then you will know where to work. But I'm not sure that training will make your fingers longer. Good luck !

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try installing a stock SIG flat trigger. It changes how your finger/hand interfaces with the gun.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way I can see this is possible is to be resting the finger on the lower inner surface of the trigger guard, rather than on the trigger itself.

This will be fixed with dry fire, and attention to finger position on the trigger.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post