SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P220-10mm slide milling for optic question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220-10mm slide milling for optic question Login/Join 
posted
Who do the experts recommend to mill a P220 slide for an optic? I have a 220-10mm DA/SA and I’d like to add one.

Thoughts on optic for that slide? Have an RMR on a 226 Tacops and it fits well.

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
Who do the experts recommend to mill a P220 slide for an optic? I have a 220-10mm DA/SA and I’d like to add one.

Thoughts on optic for that slide? Have an RMR on a 226 Tacops and it fits well.

I'm partial to the RMRs. I have tons of rounds through them with no issues. I don't baby my gear and the RMRs have held up really well.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
L&M for the milling. https://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com/ Stellar reputation and they milled a P226 slide for me, I'm very pleased.

RMR for the optic.

I have an SRO on a 629-6, the SRO has a bigger window, we'll see how it holds up.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hiya!

Based upon specific testing and general experience, I am inclined to believe the upcoming Romeo2 to be the only RDS out there with the robust durability to withstand the 10mm. It is the only electronic sight our Grayguns 320-10 will be supplied with. It uses the Pro sight cut, which we can do for you if you'd like.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bruce. When do we think the Romeo 2 will be available?

Posts: 477 | Location: FL | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TampaSIG:
Thanks Bruce. When do we think the Romeo 2 will be available?

Hi! We hear it'll drop
before year-end. As we need these for our 320-10's, it can't be too soon for me.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience after acquiring the reverse two tone da/sa sig 220 10mm was that sig would not mill the slide and said they did not think an rds would hold up, so I went to the Sig Armorer and they did a great job milling the slide and installing a trijicon RM06. I have shot over 100 rounds through since and the rds has maintained . I also had the slide bead blasted so it looks pretty good.
Good Luck!

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post