SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stupid Glock Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupid Glock Question Login/Join 
posted
It's been years since I was a serious Glock fan. My G-19's both went to my daughters.

Are Gen 4 glock 21 mags compatible with Gen 4 Glock 30's?

What's a good source for Gen 3 Glock 21 SF mags?

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, they're compatible. They'll just stick out the bottom a bit. There are X-Grip adapters that you can use to fill in the gap.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
It's been years since I was a serious Glock fan. My G-19's both went to my daughters.

Are Gen 4 glock 21 mags compatible with Gen 4 Glock 30's?

What's a good source for Gen 3 Glock 21 SF mags?

Thanks for the help.

The mags are compatible. The only G21's which required a specific dedicated mag were the ambi models, few and far between. Otherwise, older or newer G21 mags will run in your G30's.

There is no G21SF mag; the G21 mags will work just fine.

A G21SF (gen 3) is comparable to the G21 Gen 4 without backstrap.

For carry with the G30, I use a G30 mag with pearce baseplate, and for additional mags, standard G21 magazines. I don't find any need to fill the gap around the magazine, but your mileage may vary.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I know why the g21 was so inexpensive. It's apparently an ambi model. I've found a couple of sources for compatible mags, apparently some are "dual use" and OEM's are specific. Rather than hustle off the new type mags I mistakenly ordered, I may well just pick up a gen 4 model 30 as well.

I hadn't tried a 21 in many years. The slight changes Glock has made make it much more tolerable for me to shoot now.

Thanks!

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post