SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    p320 carry grip module WITHOUT rails?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p320 carry grip module WITHOUT rails? Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone seen a P320 Carry size grip module that does not have rails?

Am I the only only one who desires such a thing?

Happiness is a warm gun.

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I believe on the SubCompact P250/320 are available with no rail.

Otherwise, you could buy a spare & file down the rail sections, but may cause holster fit issues.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Neither SIG nor any other manufacturer can't please everyone. I'm with you but it doesn't exist except in the small grip subcompact module.

Do as suggested, if you can find one. I did two DIY modules (compact and medium grip subcompact) to eliminate the rail. If you want it to look good, expect to spend many hours with a belt sander, and/or DREMEL, and sandpaper. Take your time so you don't go through the thin polymer. Getting the contours to look right took the most time.

Surprisingly, I found my railed Kydex holster worked fine with a little correction of the adjustment screw. It's not hard to do just very time consuming. But hey, it's winter and if it's what you want, you can do it.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know the Sub-compact can be had with no rails. I'm wondering about the carry because I prefer its size. However, the rails sometime get caught when drawing from my leather OWB holster, and [2] I prefer the appearance of handguns without rails.

The carry is my main weapon. I actually think it is the best handgun I've ever owned. (I wish I could have carried it years back when I was on uniform patrol-- it's really an amazing firearm.)

Posts: 444 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my Sig P250f .45 a.c.p. and gave the purchaser a spare green grip module. He attempted to remove the rails on the green grip module with a bandsaw and belt sander. It looked O.K. at midnight on a moonless night, but felt rough. He then decided to round the front of the trigger guard. He slipped and ground a slot through the dust cover area. He threw the green grip module away.

I urged him to use files and rasps, but he was in a hurry.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really hope Sig or a 3rd party manufactures grip modules for the Carry without rails. I really don't want to do this in my garage with hand tools...

posted Hide Post
I do not care for rails either.... I spent some quality time with my 320 Carry Grip module and a Dremel. It is now a bit more functional for me.

I have been shopping for a 220 Carry Gen 2, SAS. No luck so far. I suspect Hens Teeth would be easier to find.

At the cost of a grip module I felt ok with making it work for me.

I truly love this platform.

D

Posts: 30 | Registered: February 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been wondering about no rail myself as I really think on a ccw they are out of place. I've been looking for pictures of some that have been modified but haven't had any luck. In my opinion the rails on the 320 are just to big and look out of place on a smaller framed gun.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Doubt they will bother. Unlike the old S&W versions on the early TSW, the ones today are slim and add little bulk.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post