SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New to the P320 series of pistols (compatibility concerns)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to the P320 series of pistols (compatibility concerns) Login/Join 
posted
So, I recently migrated to the P320. I purchased my first sc maybe 2 weeks ago and enjoyed shooting/ carrying it. Fast forward to today and I traded away a couple of safe regulars for a second p320 and 220 Dao sas.

The p320 is filling a role that I have been attempting to fill for some time now. The SCs are about as small as my SP101 but obviously provide more rounds. They are also more reliable than other semi autos I have tried in this size profile. So far, so good.

Today's pickup is a 2016 build with pre recall trigger. I honestly enjoy it from handling and am debating sending it in. I really picked it up as it has night sights which my other model lacks. The goal at purchase was to put this slide on my newer fcu and send the other for upgrade.

However, upon assembly I could not get this combination to work when attempting to dry fire. No click and it honestly does not feel as if the striker is being engaged.

Curious if I was doing something wrong, I swapped parts around a few more times. I got the pre recall fcu to work (function) with both old and new slides. Both fcus were successfully put into both frames. "Upgraded" fcu returned back to original frame and matched with corresponding slide also functioned.

I eventually just took the pre recall fcu and mated it with the other frame (railed) and added the night sight slide to achieve the result I needed to be compatible with the TRex holster that I received today.

This does however bother me as it removes one of the selling points of the weapon system for me.

Can you all think of anything that would help me trouble shoot this? Is it common knowledge amongst the p320 users that post and pre recall firearm components are not compatible?

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kalford:
Is it common knowledge amongst the p320 users that post and pre recall firearm components are not compatible?

Yes.

Pre-recall FCUs will work with both original and upgraded slides.

Post-recall FCUs will only work with upgraded slides.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig mills out some material in the slide due to interference.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The upgrade added a disconnector. It kind of looks like a ducks head sticking up out of the FCU. The upgrade included milling a recess for the disconnector. When the disconnector is in the recess, the disconnector is disengaged and the trigger works as one would expect. The disconnector changed the way the trigger reset to a more traditional design. And if the slide is out of battery, the recess would push past the disconnector, which means the slide will depress and engage the disconnector, which disconnects the trigger. So without the milled recess, your trigger is always disconnected.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1859 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I will have to get this one upgraded.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
After getting my P320 upgraded and comparing them, there really isn't, in my opinion, any reason not to do the upgrade. YMMV.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
Sig mills out some material in the slide due to interference.

Not technically correct. They mill the slide to make the system function via a slide operated disconnect instead of the original "double click" method.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post