SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Advantage Arms Glock .22 conversion kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advantage Arms Glock .22 conversion kit Login/Join 
Picture of cooger
posted
Anybody have one? There’s one for sale locally pretty cheap and I’m thinking about buying it but don’t know much about them. Are they any good? Is there anything I need to know about looking at a used one?

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I LOVE mine. The LE model has adj sights.

I bought mine used - good price. If you can get one "pretty cheap", get it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned two, both purchased used. My current kit was discontinued, for the Glock 29/30 models. I installed it on my Glock 29 and the thing ran like a Singer sewing machine. I was amazed. I purchased a Glock 30sf frame and built it as a dedicated .22 semi-auto pistol. It is easy to carry and a pleasure to shoot.

That was not the same experience I had with my first AA kit a few years ago. It was for Glock 26/27/33 Gen. II/III pistols. I owned two Glock 26's, my son had a 27 and 33. That kit would not work reliably with any of our pistols. I borrowed a dirty, nasty abused 27 from a neighbor and put my kit on it. That configuration worked fine, for some odd reason. I sold that one with full disclosure.

I also have a Ciener unit for a 1911, which is currently installed on my Colt LW Commander frame. I have owned these before and their reputation is spotty; however, this one works just fine on my frame. It has a fifteen round magazine, so shooting lasts a while longer.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I have one for my G19. It works great! I've found that it works fine with bulk ammo as long as I clean the grease off the rails and use oil. It's less sensitive to lubrication and fouling if you use high velocity ammo like CCI Stingers.

Posts: 259 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've run thousands of rounds through several versions. A little fussy on ammo but all of these kits are. I'd recommend it

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Cci mini-mags worked 100% with mine. Other brands were 50/50...

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same for me all I ever run in these is minimags.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
Well, I drug my feet and it sold.

Posts: 1516 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Mine works great... mags are a pain to load, so, I bought 5 mags and pre-load before I go to range.

It’s accurate, reliable. Though, remember, the upper plays a large part in a Glocks trigger feel, don’t expect it to possess the same characteristics as when the factory slide is installed.

Keep it well lubed with light oil.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post