SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SSVI Tyr Trigger for Glocks? Update with Photos and Review

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
SSVI Tyr Trigger for Glocks? Update with Photos and Review Login/Join 
Picture of ACClauhs
posted
Anyone ever tried this trigger? I'm thinking of picking one up for my gen4 G26. I've only ever replaced connectors in my Glocks before and I thought I'd try a new trigger shoe this time. https://www.ssvi.us/collection...products/coming-soon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ACClauhs,

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Well, no experience? Then I shall be the first! Just ordered one and I'll be sure to give a review once it comes in.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard of them. I recently found an SAI trigger and it works great. Reset is fantastic. I'm looking forward to your SSVI review. Thanks.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACClauhs:
Well, no experience? Then I shall be the first! Just ordered one and I'll be sure to give a review once it comes in.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Report This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have one, to say I love it is an understatement. It is going to take some getting used to as it changes the geometry a little, feels like I have more leverage and a quicker reset.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Report This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigP239Hokie:
I have one, to say I love it is an understatement. It is going to take some getting used to as it changes the geometry a little, feels like I have more leverage and a quicker reset.

Really glad to hear you like it. I ordered the shoe only so I can keep the factory gen4 trigger bar. Figured the bar was worn in the proper parts and functioned properly. I like the idea of keeping all the factory action parts and only changing the shoe. From a legal standpoint and safety standpoint it seems like a better idea to me.

The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

Posts: 1625 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Have not tried the Tyr, but I have three of the Overwatch Precision triggers and love them.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pingman274:
Have not tried the Tyr, but I have three of the Overwatch Precision triggers and love them.

X2, i have three overwatch triggers, and i am impressed, i also like the Apex Tactical triggers, i have one on a 17 and feels great.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Report This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
So the trigger shoe was delivered today. Quickly made it to me once it shipped in a small flat rate box. Trigger comes with a small pouch of lube and the show in a clamshell package. No instructions included but his site has a very informative video for installation.

Following his video was easy. Only problem I came into was the geb4 trigger bar and shoe uses a blind pin hole. Using a steel punch I was able to bust the stainless pin through the polymer of the shoe. Using a brass punch to get the new pin started was easy and took only a minute. The new pin is also already pre inserted for you which makes it super easy to install.

Pistol reasssembled like normal and function checked like before. No issues and what a difference! I liken it to a 1911 trigger than any other Glock trigger I've ever pulled. Maybe a pound less pull but the flat face and angle made all the difference. Very happy with the purchase and I think I'll be buying another one for my Glock 22 that I keep in my bedside safe. It's expensive but I like the fact that I kept every other piece of the action stock besides the ahoe. I won't be taking it shooting until the chemo is done in another two months but I forseee lots of dry firing while watching TV.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report and good luck with chemo. So this is just a replacement for the actual trigger and it somehow has an impact on trigger weight?

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3184 | Registered: February 27, 2013Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
Thanks for the report and good luck with chemo. So this is just a replacement for the actual trigger and it somehow has an impact on trigger weight?

Same question, you replaced just the shoe and it reduced trigger pull? I like the red !

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
From what the designer says in his videos, by changing the angle in the shoe, the trigger feels lighter without changing the weight. The concept sounds similar to what Bruce Gray did for his PELT for the P320.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
I have the Tyr trigger in a G34, and I do like it.
I have an identical 35 also that I shoot in matches (34-minor, 35-major) and after seeing this post I took both to the range to shoot with my buddies this past weekend.
I feel the Tyr trigger has a lighter feel, and I love the flat faced (width) trigger, but I'm not sure if it was just in my head.
(Both pistols have a Ghost connector, Gen3 trigger bar, extra power Ghost trigger spring, low power Ghost plunger spring, and a stock full power Glock firing pin spring. Same sights and same Talon rubber grips.)
So I asked all the guys to run one gun against the other back to back on falling plates.
Everyone said that the Tyr trigger gun has a better trigger pull.
Then we swapped the trigger bar/trigger at lunchtime between the 34 and 35 to see what they thought using the different caliber. Same feedback, the Tyr was a better feeling trigger.
Interesting thing is, on the digital trigger pull gauge there is no difference between the stock trigger vs the Tyr trigger (while using all the same springs and connectors).
The Tyr trigger is comfortable, and it does feel a bit lighter. Reset and general trigger travel seem to be the same, but improved over the std Glock trigger. The Tyr seems more "solid" and the trigger safety lever of the Tyr is a great improvement over stock Glock in the feel of it.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Looks interesting, btw heres a good video on smoothing out the trigger using the Ghost Connectors and how each one affects the trigger

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inP0mh_zcZU

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
Despite how much I love the Tyr trigger, I think I'm going to get the Apex "Thin Blue Line" trigger kit for my G22 to get a comparison. They look very similar and I'm curious what adding the new firing pin safety and connector will do for for the overall feel. Plus they donate 25% of the cost to a police survivor fund. SSVI did a thin blue line model and donated to his local FOP so if he does another run of them, I'll gladly buy another one. Damn this cancer. I've got too much time on my hands and I'm customizing everything to keep my mind distracted. Or at least that's what I tell the HH6.

Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
So just an update on the SSVI Tyr triggers.
After shooting my 34 (with the Tyr) against my 35 (with stock), I bought another Tyr trigger for the 35. It's definitely more comfortable for long shooting sessions and matches.

I also ended up buying a Tyr for a G43 that a female friend of mine was interested in reducing the trigger bite from the Glock pinching on her finger.
Well, after installing it in her pistol and shooting it I bought one for my own G43. What a difference. Gives a very comfortable smooth flat triggerface.

Posts: 3537 | Registered: December 28, 2008Report This Post