SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P226 Pro cut slides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P226 Pro cut slides Login/Join 
posted
I saw this hotness on Reddit today. I didn't even know the pro cut slides existed for the P226.

https://www.sigsauer.com/slide...optic-ready-blk.html

Posts: 44 | Registered: April 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I know this is largely a personal preference, but I think it would be a good way to get an Romeo on a P226.

Just not sure about the cut across the front. The rest is fine.

Posts: 9142 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. Just. No.

Wait for Armory Craft to make a P226 Skeleton slide with optic cut.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the red dot option but the ovalish looking holes are not as attractive to me, but appreciate the design.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of og556
posted Hide Post
Are there any third part adapter plates which let you run an RMR on these or an Acro?

Posts: 646 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by og556:
Are there any third part adapter plates which let you run an RMR on these or an Acro?

CHPWS has a gap filling plate for RMR's and I think an Acro plate.

Posts: 4701 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For some reason that slide reminds me of an old railroad engine...after it was steampunked, circa 1957-58ish Buick Special/Roadmaster Limited mashup style.

Lightening cut portholes (or holes in general) and that very weird crescent moon cut across the front ain't my thing but if it works for you, go for it.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the pro cut slide for a 320. I wanted the optics cut, didn’t really care for the cuts in general. I can live aesthetically except for the round cutout on front of slide. It looks idiotic. It also seems to be very popular with aftermarket slide makers. I don’t understand why.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Pro cut slides have screw holes for an RMR. Aftermarket plates serve to index and stabilize the optic, kinda like the S&W CORE.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be contrary, but why does it have all those cuts? I’ve seen the new STI Staccato come with them and the DVC pistols...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
How does one mount a Romeo 3 Max on a Pro-cut slide?

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
SWEET !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
That is one ugly mother.

Q

Posts: 26343 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Not trying to be contrary, but why does it have all those cuts? I’ve seen the new STI Staccato come with them and the DVC pistols...

They're more for competition oriented pistols then hard duty use. The irritating thing is they don't have the standard slide with the optics cut for sale unless your want a 6 MOA Romeo 1 Pro.

Posts: 4155 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
No thanks. The 226 is a classic that needs to be left alone.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fedsiguser
posted Hide Post
Oh the inhumanity of it all!!
Don’t call me when it beats itself to death!!

US Army 5th SOG 1970-90
Federal LE 1990-2011
Blue Knights LE MC
NRA Life member (Benefactor)

Posts: 325 | Location: South Carolina. USA | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm all for innovative industrial design, but why would anyone want a slide that has the potential to let all sorts of foreign debris into the most delicate working parts of their gun?

Aesthetically this seems more suited to a sci-fi or dystopian end-of-the world movie set. I guess I'm an old fashioned, incorrigible fan of the classic P226 design. Its clean lines and functional design just seem to please the eye and the hand, generation after generation.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post