Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 SAS Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Got to check one out today. Very cool gun and sights.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
After my 3rd range trip, a couple of observations ...

1) I'm not such a fan of the single rear fiber optic sight system. Bringing the gun up, I found I wasn't able to pick up the sight as quickly as I usually do with more normal sights. Over time, I may like the sights more after getting used to them.

2) The slide lock/release is rather useless. Why did Sig even bother to put it on?

3) I personally didn't notice any muzzle flash from the porting.

All shooting was done with 115 grain ball ammo.

Did you notice a softer recoil with the ported barrel

Posts: 187 | Registered: February 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alex35:
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
After my 3rd range trip, a couple of observations ...

1) I'm not such a fan of the single rear fiber optic sight system. Bringing the gun up, I found I wasn't able to pick up the sight as quickly as I usually do with more normal sights. Over time, I may like the sights more after getting used to them.

2) The slide lock/release is rather useless. Why did Sig even bother to put it on?

3) I personally didn't notice any muzzle flash from the porting.

All shooting was done with 115 grain ball ammo.

Did you notice a softer recoil with the ported barrel

Can't say that I did.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I picked one up yesterday. Does anyone know, offhand or officially, if these will fit the standard P365 holsters? Or am I going to be waiting for holsters specific to the P365 SAS?

Thanks.

Can't wait to shoot it.

Fits fine in my Don Hume and Bear Creek pocket holsters.

-Chuck

Posts: 131 | Registered: January 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect fit in my Milt Sparks Criterion built for the standard P365.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got a P365SAS. I have to say that I was a skeptic, but now I’m a believer. First off, I’ve now fired a little more than 300 rounds of various types ammunition through it and it functioned perfectly. It’s definitely not a target pistol, but it should be good for it’s intended purpose. I also have the standard P365 and when fired side by side, I would say that the claim of about a 30 percent reduction in felt recoil, is fairly accurate. I’m including a couple pictures, one of the barrel and another of today’s target. It’s interesting that there’s a ring inside the barrel at the same place the ports are. I would think that, that would make it a little less accurate, because of how close it is to the muzzle. It doesn’t seem to hurt the accuracy though. Most of the shots on the target we’re fired at 15 and 25 yards. The headshots were from the 15 yard line. I think 15 is about the limit for those, although with the standard P365 headshots at 25 are no problem. Most of the torso shots are from the 25. https://share.icloud.com/photo...sMYn7P1EKEEULQRMsfrg
https://share.icloud.com/photo...cbinJsJY78Ts7t3pwGag

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find the new Sig sights to be lacking in low light and dark conditions. Basically a point and shoot weapon. I love the standard 365, and XL, but this one, not so much. Will probably sell it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was taken in. The cool factor was too much to resist. This should be James Bond’s next personal weapon. Or Jamie Bond as the case may be. I only have about 50 rounds down range, but so far so good. I am disappointed in the low light and dark capabilities, but what sold me is that in good light, I can use it without glasses.
It is not a target pistol, but more than adequate for its intended purpose.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up Monday. Not sure how I feel about the sight. I love it one sec and hate it the other. I have yet to fire it.

A thought crossed my mind though. I wonder if the Romero 0 will fit in the rear sight groove?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at a sas. Took it in the bath room at the gun shop, turned the lights almost off. Do it with yours, see what happens.

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I held off on a P365 until bout two weeks ago, managed a deal on the SAS variant. Yes, like all my pistols, I drill them in low light. The sights do fade & quit with no available light on the SAS. But thanks to a torch & the Harris method, that won’t be a problem at close range..

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
So no tritium?

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post