Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 SAS Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
And my 12th Sig is ... The P 365 SAS. Pretty damn interesting if I do say so myself.

Completely dehorned.
Reduced size slide lock and takedown levers.
Single rear fiber-optic sight set low in the slide.
Magnaported.

The gun is dehorned and smoothed out as much as possible. The slide lock/release is minimalistic. The takedown lever is more of a screw head. The single rear fiber-optic sight is set low in the slide. Cats eye style magnaporting on the barrel.

I had to buy this one. Not because I wanted or needed it, but because I wanted or needed to play with it.

This gun just screams out to be pocket carried. I stood in the store and couldn't decide if the sight system was a gimmick or truly functional. After the first 50 (flawless) rounds, I'm leaning to extremely functional sights.

I'm still not sure if Sig hit this one out of da park with this little fella or not but I know I'm going to have some fun putting this guy through its paces.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Can you strip the slide off without a tool/coin?

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
This gun just screams out to be pocket carried.

So does the thorny P365. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
The two Sigs that I had before the standard 365 was a 238 and a 938 - both were SAS versions.

While I don't really have a burning desire to buy the 365 SAS, I very much want to handle one and, if possible, test fire it.

12131 makes a good point above.

I've been pocket carrying my regular 365 for over a year and a half now with no issues really, but the SAS would be an improvement. My cargo pants tend to develop a wear spot right above the rear portion of the pistol over time.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I really have to fight not getting this one. This seems almost perfect! I’m still not sold on the compensated barrel.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Looked at one today at a lgs- I have to admit, the sight picture through the odd rear sight assembly is pretty neat. It would be effective enough for close range encounters.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

I have one on ordered at my LEO distributor, jus waiting for it com in.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Posts: 22 | Registered: November 17, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I still have some serious reservations about a ported barrel on a close quarters combat pistol. I have seen a serious burn on a shooter holding a revolver with fingers extending beyond the cylinder gap.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I picked one up yesterday. Does anyone know, offhand or officially, if these will fit the standard P365 holsters? Or am I going to be waiting for holsters specific to the P365 SAS?

Thanks.

Can't wait to shoot it.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I picked one up yesterday. Does anyone know, offhand or officially, if these will fit the standard P365 holsters? Or am I going to be waiting for holsters specific to the P365 SAS?

Thanks.

Can't wait to shoot it.

Mine fits perfectly in my Desantis pocket holster, my Cobra KOR belt OWB holster as well as my Raw Dog Tactical IWB hybrid holster.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked mine up yesterday. Smile

5x P226, 2x P229, 1x P220, 1x P238, 1x365, 1x MPX

Posts: 10 | Registered: October 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Now you cant un-see it....lol

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like everything about this gun, except the porting.

I sold my first 365 as it was a bit hard to get my hand in the right place on the grip to draw every time from an AIWB (too often I'd have to shift my grip).

But this one, in a quality pocket holster, should be pretty nice. I love all the things being "melted" though someone here mentioned a slight problem with the takedown lever. I think I could handle that.

I can't believe they won't put one out with no porting, but, sometimes I am surprised and disappointed.

I suppose, if they don't and someone does a YouTube or similar with the gun being fired in darkness or semi-darkness, I might feel more confident depending on the size and intensity of the flash.

I recall those Glocks that were ported and, IMO, the huge flash from them. I just don't want that.

I'm ready to buy, just don't need no stinkin' ports.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
After my 3rd range trip, a couple of observations ...

1) I'm not such a fan of the single rear fiber optic sight system. Bringing the gun up, I found I wasn't able to pick up the sight as quickly as I usually do with more normal sights. Over time, I may like the sights more after getting used to them.

2) The slide lock/release is rather useless. Why did Sig even bother to put it on?

3) I personally didn't notice any muzzle flash from the porting.

All shooting was done with 115 grain ball ammo.

posted Hide Post
Picked mine up today, taking it for a spin tomorrow. I dig the sights, it does take a bit to get used to though. And to the earlier poster, it fits all of my 365 holsters just fine.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I like everything about this gun, except the porting.

But this one, in a quality pocket holster, should be pretty nice. I love all the things being "melted" though someone here mentioned a slight problem with the takedown lever. I think I could handle that.

I can't believe they won't put one out with no porting, but, sometimes I am surprised and disappointed.

I recall those Glocks that were ported and, IMO, the huge flash from them. I just don't want that.

I'm ready to buy, just don't need no stinkin' ports.

Bob

I’m in the same position as Bob. Get rid of the ports and drop the price $30 (for saving the machining cost), and it would be a better defensive firearm. Red Dots and ports are gimmicks on small hide-out guns.

The optimum features are:
    Very Small
    Decent caliber
    10-12 yard accuracy
    Snag free draw from deep-concealment
    Reasonable firepower (7-12 rds)

There’s no need for a slide-stop lever or take-down lever which are easy to operate. Melted sights which are easy to see/use for fist-sized groups are optimal.

The SAS hits everything out of the park, until you get to the stupid ports. Shooting from Extreme-Close-Range gun-retention positions, inside buildings, low light situations, within vehicles all scream out that ports were a “range-guy/cool-factor” afterthought or something that was put in by the marketing geniuses.

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Now you cant un-see it....lol

I like it !!

Posts: 1264 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I only put 100 rounds through it, but the porting was not noticed at all. I was shooting indoors as well, but I never saw an issue. The first three mags were tough to get used to the sight, but after that I was keeping them within a palm size at 15 yards. Going to try and run 200 or so tomorrow and will report back.

Posts: 24 | Registered: March 28, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got mine in and was dismayed to find no current manual! It did come with the standard P365 version. Even went online and downloaded it there, same thing.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post