SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Indecisive...Need thoughts on what .45 to suppress
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indecisive...Need thoughts on what .45 to suppress Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted
So when I started out with buying suppressors I had a 227 with a TB. Never really took to the gun and even after shooting it suppressed it was just sort of...meh. Which was disappointing as I really wanted to like it; in the end I sold it.

So now I'm .45-less and I'm not sure what to get to get back into it. Had a 220 ages ago and liked it, so that's a possibiliy. Also thinking about an HK45 as I love my two P30s. But, knowing that the USP is such a pleasure to shoot suppressed it's in the back of my head as well.

Anyone have other suggestions on what to look at? This will be a range/possibly HD gun only. As such looking to a full-sized gun to fill the role. Bonus if it comes in a tactical version from the get-go with a TB as part of the package.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite of them all is the usp

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
A USP Tactical is the right answer. It's a Mark 23 made human sized.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Between my Glock 21 and HK 45CT, I prefer the HK when suppressed

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I like shooting my HK45C, but I find suppressed centerfire pistols underwhelming in general. I may have fired it 100 times suppressed in the 7 years I've owned it and the suppressor?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1911?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK 45C Tactical.

Posts: 173 | Location: boston | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
If a budget is at all a concern; a Glock G21 with a Lone Wolf barrel.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But for the record the HK45C suppresses great.

No Compromise
posted Hide Post
My HKUSP45TAC is dead nuts quiet with SiCo hardware. But then again, I'm 'H&K-Guy', so what other answer would you expect from me?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I was thinking “USP” when clicking into this thread.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting an HK Tactical, with an AAC can for several years now. A very accurate combination.

MY vote is an HK Tactical.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the USP Tac is probably the way to go. My main EDC platform is the P30 so that's why I'd considered the HK45. I just didn't want to overlook something else out there that I didn't think about.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Definitely the USP

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
A USP Tactical is the right answer. It's a Mark 23 made human sized.

These 2 are really the only options.
I have a USP9 Tactical and a TiRant for it so I would be going for the Mark 23.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Beretta M9A3

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I like shooting my HK45C, but I find suppressed centerfire pistols underwhelming in general. I may have fired it 100 times suppressed in the 7 years I've owned it and the suppressor?

Meant to respond to this earlier, but you're absolutely right. Shooting a handgun suppressed is underwhelming for sure. Now, the same can't be said for handgun caliber carbines and/or SBRs, that's where the real fun is.

Complacency sucks…

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
Meant to respond to this earlier, but you're absolutely right. Shooting a handgun suppressed is underwhelming for sure. Now, the same can't be said for handgun caliber carbines and/or SBRs, that's where the real fun is.

Yeah, my Tirant 45 lives on my 9MM AR SBR and sees time on the CZ Scorpion. Now those are FUN. Wink

Typically if I want to shoot suppressed pistol, it's 22LR. Also FUN. Big Grin

Every day is New Year's Day
for Calendar Boy!

Oh, and I'm BANNED
posted Hide Post
I'll keep this simple... FNX 45 Tactical. nuff said!

Posts: 1045 | Registered: September 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
For me:

HK Mark 23
HK USP 45 Tact
FNX 45 Tact
Sig 1911
HK 45 Tact

As for PCC, an AR-45 is a blast !

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post