SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Indecisive...Need thoughts on what .45 to suppress
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Indecisive...Need thoughts on what .45 to suppress Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John3200:
I'll keep this simple... FNX 45 Tactical. nuff said!

I was thinking FNX45 when I opened this thread. Good call... but can't go wrong with HK45 either

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Another vote for HK USP .45 Tactical

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I admit to being a fan of the USP 45 Tactical

I also have a 45 caliber USPct, but apparently I have not photographed it Frown

I recently acquired a HK45 Tactical, but I prefer the 4 extra rounds of the USP and the USP's lack of finger grooves

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of .45s (FNX, HK45, USP, 1911s, etc) that I will run suppressed from time to time. The USP is the best. It is not my favorite pistol of the group, but it is the best suppressed.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the USP

Posts: 2221 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
I have a bunch of .45s (FNX, HK45, USP, 1911s, etc) that I will run suppressed from time to time. The USP is the best. It is not my favorite pistol of the group, but it is the best suppressed.

Ok. So for someone that has both, how would you rate the HK45 vs. the USP?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I have but one lonely .45 can - it's a Gemtech Blackside that my wife bought me as a wedding gift.

It started life on a HK MK23 - simply awesome! Then I started buying different lid's and barrels for other .45s - it's now put plenty of rounds down range on the MK23, my 94 vintage Glock21, my Springfield Custom Shop build 1911....then I decided to see what it would do as a multi caliber can, so I put it on my M&P Pro 9mm....mega fun...not nearly as quiet as the .45 with a little vaseline inside, but still worked well. Next up is the P239 9mm with the threaded barrel I just bought. Haven't had time to get it to the range yet.

Of all the different guns, the MK23 has been the best...between the guns weight and the can, it's loads of fun and would make one heck of a home pistol - little big to carry. Smile I'd say riding on the 1911 is a close tie, or at least a solid second place. The Glock was "meh".... it was cool to use on the 9's - not as quiet as a dedicated 9 can, but also pretty sweet being able to swap it around.

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK+.45 ACP+Suppressor=match made in heaven.

USP,MK23,45CT etc. etc. they all just do so well with a can. I don't own a suppressor but if I were to buy one it would be for a .45 HK, probably HK45CT for me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I like shooting my HK45C, but I find suppressed centerfire pistols underwhelming in general. I may have fired it 100 times suppressed in the 7 years I've owned it and the suppressor?

I'm there with you. Haven't used my tirant 45 in a few years now probably, and only use the tirant 9 on a glock 17 bedside or at the range with that once in a blue moon and when I get an adapter for my scorpion.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My HK45CT has been 100% reliable suppressed. The gun was designed for it. My Glock 21 has been great, too.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:

Ok. So for someone that has both, how would you rate the HK45 vs. the USP?

Darn good question. I wish I had a truly objective answer but I don't. As an overall handgun, I vastly prefer the ergonomics of the HK45T. But the USP comes with adjustable tall sights and the HK45T doesn't (at least mine didn't). I use an Osprey can, so that doesn't matter all that much, but it is still nice to have a full view of the sights. Recoil impulse is a little "smoother" on the USP I'd say. I get zero blowback on the USP, but I get some tiny amount with the HK45. I have no idea why given the design. It's not enough to really matter either.

The USP45T looks better with the Osprey than the HK45T, so there is that I guess Roll Eyes . The USP is full blocky while the HK45 is a little more styled....

Honestly, either is a winner.

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post