SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    No buckle gun belt for AIWB carry?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No buckle gun belt for AIWB carry? Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
I'm looking for a gun belt without a buckle or with a very low profile buckle for appendix carry.

I know I've seen them, but don't remember where.

I'm tired of offsetting my buckles to get them out of the way of the holster.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Are you somewhere between a 36 and 38 inch waist?

If so, I have one. Instructor's belt that is very durable, very stout leather construction, with a semi adjustable Velcro closure.

I was one size when I got it, but another size now. I'd be happy to instant karma it to you if you can fit it.

From one AIWB guy to another. Wink

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
Look here.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9680015144

I’ve been using that Graith for awhile now. I really like it.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, the Mastermind / Graith belt has the lowest profile buckle. I don't find instructor's belt big. For a no-buckle option some folks used inner velcro belt from competition rigs like DAA; works for lighter guns.
From experience, sometimes pant's belt loops are positioned and designed in such a way that no belt or buckle will help with AIWB.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I also have the Mastermind/Graith.

It's what I recommend, especially for AIWB.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
Back in the day some guys would wear their belts with the buckle off to the side.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4580 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Another mastermind/graithbuser here. I love that belt.

I put the buckle off to the right side. I usually carry an extra magazine or two as well as my pistol appendix, so there is no room for even a small buckle. That’s why I just move the buckle off to the side

If I carry with a regular gun belt (traditional leather with a buckle), I bout the buckle off to the left.

The nice part about the graith is that the buckle is so small, it can slip through the loops on my pants. That way, you can still unbuckle your pants for a visit to the men’s room. Other belts like the instructor’s belt can’t do that.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips.

When I carry AIWB, I push the buckle off to my left side, but big buckles are a pain, plus they sometimes interfere with my mag carrier. The fact that they don't slide through the loops like esdunbar said is also a pain.

Bionic, thanks for the offer but I'm a 34!

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing a Fat Bot leather belt for years now, and it's my favorite by far. Nice sturdy thick leather, low profile "buckle". Check em out, Curt is a good guy and makes a real nice product.

http://twofoolsleathergoods.com/fatboy-belts/

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Thanks for the tips.

When I carry AIWB, I push the buckle off to my left side, but big buckles are a pain, plus they sometimes interfere with my mag carrier. The fact that they don't slide through the loops like esdunbar said is also a pain.

Bionic, thanks for the offer but I'm a 34!

I have an SOE belt that has a Cobra buckle, that I also wear with the buckle off to the left because the buckle tends to print more than the gun from the front.

It's a non issue with the Mastermind belt.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Have you looked into G-hook style belts, such as the ones by Volund and SOE? The buckle is very light, unobtrusive, and allows infinite adjustability.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of very well made expensive gun belts but sometimes AIWB carry requires a lower profile belt.

Not as low profile but these 5.11 work just great for AIWB carry. Lots of colors and buckle options. I have been using them for years with no apparent wear. If they get fizzy, just a second with a flame make them good as new.

https://www.511tactical.com/tr...-belt-1-12-wide.html

Posts: 210 | Registered: February 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I’ve been wearing a Vedder Cobra gunbelt the last several weeks. It’s not the greatest with leather loops but with their Lighttuck IWB holster it’s very nice.

https://www.vedderholsters.com...ck-release-gun-belt/

Posts: 2337 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Graith....best AIWB holster hands down. Check out the VDEVGroup version also

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought a Graith last night. Thanks for the suggestions!

Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post