SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P10C -Got to shoot one. UPDATE – Got Mine! pg. 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P10C -Got to shoot one. UPDATE – Got Mine! pg. 2 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Finally, someone managed to make a pistol that really is G19 sized. What took so long? I think I'll wait awhile to make sure the kinks get worked out but I really want one.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
... But bigger (which I don't consider an improvement)

When I tried it out they had it in the "waiting" room right next to a Walther PPQ. I asked if I could compare them size wise and I stood both up on their sights and they were the same height both with magazines inserted to give you and idea of what it compares too. The P10-C was a little longer than the PPQ but not enough to matter for most.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
CZ needs to take my money! I have been ready to buy one since Shot Show Smile

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I was able to get my hands on one of these unicorns this past Saturday. A gun shop/range in the Denver area that I do not normally frequent due to the mileage away from me had a CZ rep. with a display over a two day period.

The rep. who was named Bill and was a very nice fellow had a small layout but he did have two pistol models I am very much interested in. A CZ P10C in black and also a CZ Shadow 2 in Urban Gray.

After a fair bit of hassle I was able to get onto the range with a meager 10 rounds of some sort of polycoated ammunition.
So with a very short range session and a fair bit of dry fire and handling and while being by no means a expert I do have a few thoughts.

The trigger Yup !!! +++++ Razz
Having no idea how many rounds have been through it and with Bill saying that is was a pre production model it is as good as they say. The best striker trigger I currently own is in a VP9 with close to 1k rounds through it. The P10 I shot was very smooth, light and with a very nice short and audible /tactile reset. It just seemed to Roooolllll through the pull as opposed to a wall and then "Sprong" feeling I get with so many other striker guns. Right now I am more used to my DA/SA guns and if I were to carry this gun I would have to do a bunch of training only with it to get used to how soft and light it felt.

In hand NICE !
I forgot to check which back strap it had on it, I would guess the medium. I liked the aggressive finish they had on the grip but than again I only shot a few rounds through it. I really do not think it would be a problem though.

Value ? Great !
Even with a msrp at 499.00 for the black model the first shipments will go and sell out very fast. For a pistol that comes with metal sights, magazines that look to be around 35 dollars and fit my P07 yes it will be a no brainer for me.

CZ delivery UGH !
Bill thought it would still be a couple of months before we see them on the store shelves. So it seems that they dropped the ball with their early announcement. I am fortunate to have some great guns that I really enjoy shooting so I am in no rush.

Thanks !

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
It just seemed to Roooolllll through the pull

Shades of XDm? Not sure I'm going to like that.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

CZ will have a LONG way to go if they hope to match Glock's track record with militaries and police agencies worldwide.

There are some fine striker-fired handguns out there right now aside from Glock. None of them will be able to hold a candle to the longevity, widespread use, and number of real-world shootings, use, and carry of the Glock handguns...not for a few decades, at least. By that time, those that have been created to closely duplicate the Glock won't stand a chance of supplanting it on a local or global scale.

They've been involved in those key credible areas for a while now.
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/cz_75.htm

With regard to this new model I'm sure it's going to be a solid reliable gun, like all of the rest of the handguns they make.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ukhayes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goforbroke:
quote:

CZ will have a LONG way to go if they hope to match Glock's track record with militaries and police agencies worldwide.

There are some fine striker-fired handguns out there right now aside from Glock. None of them will be able to hold a candle to the longevity, widespread use, and number of real-world shootings, use, and carry of the Glock handguns...not for a few decades, at least. By that time, those that have been created to closely duplicate the Glock won't stand a chance of supplanting it on a local or global scale.

With regard to this new model I'm sure it's going to be a solid reliable gun, like all of the rest of the handguns they make.

The Beretta 92F is supposedly the only pistol to endure more testing than the P 01. Here is what it endured for NATO approval.

http://cz-usa.com/press-releas...-of-perfect-pistols/

Posts: 496 | Location: White House,TN | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sibling rivalry day for you!
I'm definitely interested in handling one... it's on my 2buy list anyway.

Posts: 248 | Location: FL | Registered: August 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ukhayes:
quote:
Originally posted by goforbroke:
quote:

The Beretta 92F is supposedly the only pistol to endure more testing than the P 01. Here is what it endured for NATO approval.

http://cz-usa.com/press-releas...-of-perfect-pistols/

HA! I have a P-01 and I wasn't even aware that information. I knew of the NATO approval but all of the extra testing was unknown to me. Prime example though CZ doesn't put junk to the marketplace.

Posts: 472 | Location: Montgomery County, PA | Registered: December 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm tired of waiting, how much longer is it gonna be before they're released? CZ is very capable of making a good firearm. My P07 is the most accurate non .22 caliber pistol I own.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Late April availability in US for P-10C.
I've spent a lot of time with my SIGs and other CZ's waiting, however, so not all bad.
Joe

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in for two of these pistols also. I already have a holster, ammo and plenty of extra mags for it. Once mine are proven out with xxxxx amount of rounds through it, I am going to dump my lone G19 and its mags. Things are constantly changing and nothing is so good it cannot be improved upon or surpassed. Stay the same and over time a product will die on the vine so to speak. What I like about the P-10C is, other than maybe changing out the sights for some of your preference, nothing really needs to be done to it. The design is over built for long term durability, very ergonomic in the hand, it has one of the best factory triggers in a striker pistol and accurate as hell. Mags are currently available at $32 each and once the price point settles on the pistol, it will be very hard to beat,IMHO. Time will tell, it always does.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm curious as to how the P10C compares to the P320 in terms of inherent accuracy.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
UPDATE – Got Mine!

The gun club called me this morning to tell me they got their CZ P10C Shipment and to come pick mine up (that I ordered in January). Wasn’t sure if I’d get a black one or FDE, as all the reports I was hearing said they were only shipping black at this time. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and found it was FDE, which is what I ordered. I took it directly out to the range to try it out. Shot it right out of the box, no field strip, cleaning, lube or anything (of course, it was dripping oil, so I wasn’t worried). Just filled the mags and started shooting. Couldn’t be more pleased with the way it performed. Absolutely flawless. The Demo gun I’d shot earlier definitely had the large backstrap, as mine has the stock one (medium?) which fits my hand perfectly. Already ordered a second one that’s black with a threaded barrel.

Here’s a few glamour shots along with my first target. I’m no marksman, but I’m extremely pleased with how accurately I shoot this pistol!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
It's hilarious that CZ needs to work to "catch up" to Glock. CZ was in military holsters and LE holsters in numbers when Glock was making anything but guns. I'd say that worldwide *maybe* Glock is catching up to CZ in the last 5 years.

While it was never a popular police side arm here, worldwide it was a different story. Particularly in Europe, Africa, and South America. That's not even counting the number of clones that were made.

The P10 is a good looking piece. I'm hoping it works out for yet another alternative for those who want an alternative to Glock.

We live in great times, gents.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:

The P10 is a good looking piece. I'm hoping it works out for yet another alternative for those who want an alternative to Glock.

We live in great times, gents.

JLJones--Oh, the P-10C is a shooter. With a little trigger prep technique I learned in San Antonio 5 years ago...at 50 yards, iron sights...

https://youtu.be/c9BicnD-YA0

Joe

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Joe L,

P226-X-Five 9mm, P226-9/40/357SIG/22LR, P239-9, Kahr PM40, Desert Eagle 1911G, CZ75B 9mm, Savage 308 bolt gun, Stag Arms AR-15.

Posts: 1941 | Location: West Texas | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I like it. About how big was the group at 50? What ammo?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I want one.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
About how big was the group at 50? What ammo?

2" five shot group at 50 yards, Atlanta Arms 115 JHP (in the video at the end)

posted Hide Post
Tooky did that FDE version come with night sights? That is what is listed in there model line up but was not sure if that held true with them trying to get as many out as they can.

The FDE is what i want, hopefully with night sights, and i am willing to wait.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post