SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ P10C -Got to shoot one. UPDATE – Got Mine! pg. 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ P10C -Got to shoot one. UPDATE – Got Mine! pg. 2 Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted
My gun club is celebrating their 13th anniversary this weekend. They’re having lots of drawings, raffles, everything on sale, lots of freebies (hats, t-shirts, patches, decals, samples, etc.) along with a blow-out used gun sale (200+). They also have reps from just about every major gun manufacturer (SIG, CZ, H&K, Wilson Combat, S&W, Glock, Walther, etc. etc. etc.) as well as reps for suppressors and accessories. I spoke at length with the SIG and CZ guys.

I was telling the CZ guys that I’d pre-ordered a P10C in January without ever seeing or handling one. They asked if I’d like to shoot one and, of course, I said sure! One of the guys went out to the range with me, filled up a mag and said “have at it”. I was VERY impressed with the ergos, the trigger and how well I was able to shoot it accurately. Really looking forward to getting one in another month or so.

Oh, I did pick up another Glock 19 in their used gun sale. It’s a gray Vickers that I’ll wager has never been fired (expect factory). Has all the Vickers upgrades (sights, mag base plates, slide and mag release levers, etc.) along with the original parts. Paid $395. Couldn’t pass it up, although I already have a couple.

FREEBIES...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Nice pick up on the G19! If the P10 is as accurate as the P07, you'll be quite pleased.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Nice.

I was able to try one a couple weekends ago at my LGS factory shoot. I liked shooting the P10-C but liked both the PCR and P07 I tried better and shot both noticeably better. The P10-C did not fit my hand near as well as the PCR and P07 in regards to trigger reach/release.

CZ said the P10-C will be shipping this month, but I want a PCR instead.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Nice.

I was able to try one a couple weekends ago at my LGS factory shoot. I liked shooting the P10-C but liked both the PCR and P07 I tried better and shot both noticeably better. The P10-C did not fit my hand near as well as the PCR and P07 in regards to trigger reach/release.

CZ said the P10-C will be shipping this month, but I want a PCR instead.

That’s totally understandable, I’ve got a PCR and P-01 and they fit my hand better than any of the guns I own. You won’t be disappointed. But, they are a different type of gun, being all metal and hammer fired.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I do want to try one of these CZs. We've got them on order but no details as to when they'll finally arrive, regardless of when CZ-USA finally start shipping them in quantity.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
The P10 you showed , do you know if that is the large backstrap installed?

I like the FDE color that CZ uses.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
The P10 you showed , do you know if that is the large backstrap installed?

Now that you ask, it does appear from my photos that the backstrap is larger than the ones shown in several of the on-line review photos. It didn't occur to me at the time. If it was the large, it still felt very comfortable to me.

Abraham Lincoln

Picture of Wiskytango
posted Hide Post
The P10c is tempting. The trigger alone is a plus for me. Looks very similar to the APEX AEK trigger for the M&P.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The Iceman killeth

P226 Elite TB
MK25
P226 Navy
P220 SAS
P229r DAK

Posts: 32 | Location: Fredericksburg, Va | Registered: April 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I see is another glock. Is the grip angle different at least?

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
... But bigger (which I don't consider an improvement)

quote:
Originally posted by kaptaboom:
All I see is another glock.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
It seems like a nice gun. It's too bad that CZ is so behind.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
Nice snag on the Glock....what, no pics?

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
Nice snag on the Glock....what, no pics?

Hah! OK, my bad for mentioning that I bought a new gun without pics… I should know better. Here she is:

Abraham Lincoln

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I've asked this before but how does the trigger compare to the VP9 or the PPQ M2?
Thanks!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I can tell you from first hand experience after having a T&E version for a while and running it.

It is the real deal, and IMO it is going to be the gun to beat. It is virtually the same size as the G19, only being slightly longer than the G19 in the back strap are only. This is because of the different grip angle.

It was more accurate than any of my G19's and most everyone that shot it, felt the same way.

The only complaint was that some felt the texturing was a bit aggressive. I didn't feel that way and it could easily be fixed.

The trigger is outstanding. It was gritty at first but after about 400 rounds it smoothed out like butter. It clicked in right at 4.6 pounds, very light, short take up, almost no resistance, hits the wall, and breaks super clean with no over travel. Everyone loved the trigger.

I took the pistol straight from the box and began testing without cleaning or lubrication. When I sent it back to CZ it had over 1000 rounds through it of all different kinds of ammo brands and weights and did not suffer a single malfunction. It was never cleaned or lubed until I prepped it for its return.

I have two of them on order, and having run one for a bit, only solidified my choice in picking them up.

Here are some images of it compared to my 4ht gen G19, and a video of shooting it, note the one ragged hole. This thing will shoot folks and it is extremely easy to do.

Bore axis is virtually the same for those who care about that. The front straps are the same length.

That little bit of backstrap is the only section that is bigger than the G19. The width of the P-10 is actually less than the 19.

Grip length is the same if your running magpul mags in your 19.

Fun at the range

http://vid238.photobucket.com/...6299_zpskz1ffhpg.mp4

IMO the trigger on this is better than the VP9 and PPQ, but that is a preference thing.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What range in Arizona is having this function this weekend???

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I see is another glock.

I feel sad for you.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I see is another glock. Is the grip angle different at least?

Then CZ did what they set out to do. They wanted to build a better glock, and after comparing it to my 4th Gen G19, IMO they did. The only thing Glock has over it right now, is a track record and aftermarket support. Both of which I suspect will catch up with on the P-10 once it has been out a bit.

Glock was there once, and now it is another companies turn at bat.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Scottsdale Gun Club

Abraham Lincoln

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:

Scottsdale Gun Club

Thanks. It would have been nice to know about. First I've heard of it (after it was over).

quote:
Originally posted by Texaspoff:
The only thing Glock has over it right now, is a track record and aftermarket support. Both of which I suspect will catch up with on the P-10 once it has been out a bit.

Glock was there once, and now it is another companies turn at bat.

TXPO

CZ will have a LONG way to go if they hope to match Glock's track record with militaries and police agencies worldwide.

There are some fine striker-fired handguns out there right now aside from Glock. None of them will be able to hold a candle to the longevity, widespread use, and number of real-world shootings, use, and carry of the Glock handguns...not for a few decades, at least. By that time, those that have been created to closely duplicate the Glock won't stand a chance of supplanting it on a local or global scale.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post