SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 TACOPS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 TACOPS Login/Join 
posted
Hi all long time since I've posted here and was looking for advice on this I am looking to trade up a older west German sig p226 for a TACOPS model was wondering what you all think about them it does look sweet thanks in advance

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SMG6702:
Hi all long time since I've posted here and was looking for advice on this I am looking to trade up a older west German sig p226 for a TACOPS model was wondering what you all think about them it does look sweet thanks in advance

I wouldn't trade an older West German P226 for a TACOPS.

While the TACOPS is a nice gun, IMO not any better than an older P226.

First of all, the mags you can buy (but AFAIK you can't have the 20 rounders in NY anyways).

If you like the magwell grips (I do) you can buy them separately, and you can always change the sights on a P226.

If you have to have a railed frame (and beavertail), that's something that you can't really add to an older P226, but not worth the trade IMO.

That leaves the SRT (you can add it to just about any P226) and the elite slide (eh, no biggie).

Long story short, unless you are after the rail and beavertail, your better off keeping your older P226 and picking the parts you want off the TACOPS.

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I have a P226 TACOPS.357sig. It is a good looking great shooting pistol. To each their own, but I don't think I would trade an old school German Sig for one. I am reasonably sure you would have a fine pistol either way. I would keep the German Sig and save up to buy a TACOPS. They should be available for a while. The German Sig might be harder to come by.

Posts: 787 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback I think I might go that route and keep it it's tough when you see something new and you get the itch for something new lol

Posts: 120 | Location: New York | Registered: April 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Can you be more specific in the thread title please. Simply naming the weapon is vague.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post