SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Magazine Q re: Sig 1911 .40/.357 Sigs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magazine Q re: Sig 1911 .40/.357 Sigs Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted
I'm an owner of a Springfield Armory EMP4 in .40 S&W and I'm wondering if the Sig 1911 magazines (currently on sale at Sig) in .40 S&W/.357 Sig will work in my pistol? Any owners of these two fine products have some experience with this? Confused

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe not, as the EMP is a smaller frame gun designed around the 9mm cartridge length with magazines sized according. Normal 1911 mags are longer front to rear, usually with a spacer or follower designed to accommodate for the shorter case length of 9/40.
Never owned an EMP, so this is just what I think based on what I have read online. YMMV.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe that the "shorter" frame on the EMP ( measured front to back on the grip portion ) meant that it used a unique magazine.

Posts: 81 | Location: Springfield. USA | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
The SIG 1911 magazines in .40/.357 are generic 1911 mags for .40/.357. They contract out to have them built. I know this because I ordered four from SIG about a month ago, and in the SIG labeled boxes came four (4) Wilson Combat .40/.357 mags. If that's the case, they probably fit in any 1911 chambered in those cartridges. However, maybe the best source would be if you were to call Springfield Armory and ask them if a generic .40/.357 1911 mag will fit in the EMP.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I own an EMP9 and the others are correct: EMP mags are unique to the EMPs, only.

None of the other standard size 1911 type mags will fit or function in the EMPs.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
I own an EMP9 and the others are correct: EMP mags are unique to the EMPs, only.

None of the other standard size 1911 type mags will fit or function in the EMPs.

Thanks for the advice. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post