SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 TacOps or P320 X5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 TacOps or P320 X5 Login/Join 
posted
Comparing the full size 9mm p320 TacOps to the p320 X5 9mm which would you get and why?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a tough one to answer since so very few people have actually handled an X-5. Depends on what the purpose of the pistol is for, of course. If the grip feels and fits as good as it looks I would prefer the X-5 unless it was for carry or for mounting a silencer since the X-5 has a 5" barrel, better for target shooting.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the Tac Opps Carry,I love it. 4 21 round mags came with it. Its a great shooter.

Lawrence A Visocky (Larry V)

Posts: 494 | Registered: January 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it would be a no brainer, X-Five. When you compare all the features, it's a much better deal.

The X-five comes with a bull barrel, slide cuts, flared magwell, undercut with the trigger guard, flat faced trigger, ability to add the Romeo 1. You also get (4) 21 round mags. All those add up to a much better option imo.

Unless your're hell bent on a threaded barrel, why would you even consider the tacops over the X-Five? Don't get me wrong the 320 is awesome but I think the x series with all the upgrades is better.

It's kinda like the legion, it's the sum of the upgrades that make it a better option. Just my 2c

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Draggun has got it. The TacOps is nothing more than a stock P320 that has been bundled with options. It really ads nothing but accessories.
If those are the kinds of things you are looking for, the TacOps is for you.

The X5 is a totally different bird. It has all the options listed above.

In my opinion, as stated, it is a no brainer. The X5 would be my choice.

Want the gun today? The TacOps might be a better choice. Want a gun that you can get 50 holsters for? TacOps is definitely a better choice.

It is all in what you decide that you want. Both will serve you well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
The X-five comes with a bull barrel, slide cuts, flared magwell, undercut with the trigger guard, flat faced trigger, ability to add the Romeo 1 ability to add the Romeo 1. You also get (4) 21 round mags. All those add up to a much better option imo.

While technically accurate, you lose the rear sight if you take the plate off (theres no dovetail for a standalone) and the Romeo 1 doesn't have one built onto it.

Posts: 20 | Location: United States | Registered: July 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JSchu22:
quote:
Originally posted by Draggun:
The X-five comes with a bull barrel, slide cuts, flared magwell, undercut with the trigger guard, flat faced trigger, ability to add the Romeo 1 ability to add the Romeo 1. You also get (4) 21 round mags. All those add up to a much better option imo.

While technically accurate, you lose the rear sight if you take the plate off (theres no dovetail for a standalone) and the Romeo 1 doesn't have one built onto it.

Actually the back of the Romeo 1 does have a shallow real sight. It is small but serviceable if your red dot malfunctions.

If you're still on the fence about the X5 I say X5 all the way. It's a sweet shooter.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post