SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live - LDC related
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live - LDC related Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Other than a bit more metal/weight/mass to absorb some recoil, is there an advantage in extending the dust cover?

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
To clarify my comment regarding the use of the white 228-9 recoil spring in the 226LDC9, this is what we've long observed as SIG SAUER practice when down-springing certain P-Series target sport models, such as the old Sport Stock, AllRound or other Master Shop builds. The shorter 228 spring is intended to serve as a de facto reduced rate spring for such heavy, 15mm barrel, tight full size 9's which may not otherwise cycle reliably with standard orange springs. Alternatively, you'll also encounter purpose-designed reduced rate springs (in both single strand and multi-strand styles) in such pistols. The LDC is no different.

-Bruce

Which leaves me quite confused Bruce. Seems with the heavy barrel and, full length rails adding more friction to cycle, wouldn't a heavier spring be called for ? Affraid I dont get the idea of down springing as it applys to cycling. I do for reduced power loads but when there is a lot more metal to move, I dont quite get that.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LDC Sigs are the best looking.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
David – With a locked breech pistol, the heavier the slide and barrel, the less kinetic energy that slide and barrel receive from a discharge. This is by the physics conservation law of momentum, and E = (MV^2)/2. Hence, a weaker spring suffices to retard the rearward motion of the slide and barrel.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cous2492:
LDC Sigs are the best looking.

I like the look but I wouldn't go that far. The black finished example kinda reminds me of the typical look of a polymer gun, only with sharper edges.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
David – With a locked breech pistol, the heavier the slide and barrel, the less kinetic energy that slide and barrel receive from a discharge. This is by the physics conservation law of momentum, and E = (MV^2)/2. Hence, a weaker spring suffices to retard the rearward motion of the slide and barrel.
. Thank you. That math is over my head but I now understand.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Is this basically as close as we'll get to a Sig-imported X5 these days? Just wondering about the price on these vs. my 226 Combat. (steel frames?)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Is this basically as close as we'll get to a Sig-imported X5 these days? Just wondering about the price on these vs. my 226 Combat. (steel frames?)

All stainless.
Close to the German X5s? I don't know how you define that, but to me, not even. Until I have Burke work on the action/trigger, not even close.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post