SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live - LDC related
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live - LDC related Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Both of my SIGs (P238 & 9mm X5) have plain wire, rather than twisted, recoil springs, so I'm not savvy about the latter. In your photo, it appears that the springs are light colored at the back, but dark at the front. What's with that?

Don't know anything about the 238 or 938, but the X-guns are completely different animals with their non-stranded recoil springs. All other classic P-series SIGs currently have their own factory color coded stranded recoil springs.

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Wow. Looks like Ray Charles did the QC and test fire of your LDC, Q!

Get the triggers massaged and they will be great shooters.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
How much they set you back?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
This was an easy error to make, as the LDC was specified for a white 228-9 spring.

If you want a new rod, let us know and we’ll send you a couple FAT’s so they match.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Both of my SIGs (P238 & 9mm X5) have plain wire, rather than twisted, recoil springs, so I'm not savvy about the latter. In your photo, it appears that the springs are light colored at the back, but dark at the front. What's with that?

Don't know anything about the 238 or 938, but the X-guns are completely different animals with their non-stranded recoil springs. All other classic P-series SIGs currently have their own factory color coded stranded recoil springs.

I believe that the .40 S&W X-Guns do have stranded recoil springs.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
What's an LDC? They passed completely under the radar for me.

Too busy with CZ's, reloading and Camaro's of late.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But, apparently, you didn't have a problem with yours in the first place? The post below is yours, from THIS THREAD.

Correct, mine did not require the effort you described. Not gonna stop me from swapping in a lighter mainspring though Wink

Bruce, I'm curious why the white 228/229 recoil spring is correct for these LDC's? My pistol was having issues returning to battery until I swapped over to the orange standard P226 spring.

Thanks!

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
.....And, to add insult to injury, check out the guide rod. It belongs to the P228/P229. Eek SIG QC, really, guys?....

Wow! This blunder does not instill a warm fuzzy feeling. It makes me wonder what other QA/QC items have been missed.

Posts: 88 | Location: Crawfordville | Registered: October 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I bought a new 220 Sport Stock once that wouldn’t cycle for anything. Finally I realized that they had shipped it with a 226 recoil spring.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
This was an easy error to make, as the LDC was specified for a white 228-9 spring.

If you want a new rod, let us know and we’ll send you a couple FAT’s so they match.

-Bruce

There ya go, Q. Some of that karma coming back to you Smile

Funny, how that works...

(Btw: I thought you were trying to get down to double digits )

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I understand your displeasure but mix-ups do happen. SIG should be able to take care of the mistake; I'm certain that not ALL of their CS attention is focused on 320s or the faulty hammers on a 'limited number' of their AR platform long guns.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
What's an LDC?

Long Dust Cover

Frame is as long as the slide.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
-Bruce

Curious as to why the 226 LDC would use a 228-9 spring (greater slide contact causing more friction)?

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
On a more positive note, you can create your own P226 LDCT and P226 LDCRT by swapping slides Smile

Probably be one of the first to try it

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:

Do you think the poor trigger is due to the use of the e2 specific mainspring strut vs the shorter mainspring strut used in new Sigs? I switched to a 17lb spring and have been doing lots of dry firing, which has improved things tremendously.

But, apparently, you didn't have a problem with yours in the first place? The post below is yours, from THIS THREAD.

quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:
Second note, regarding the trigger. My trigger is smooth with less effort required than my other factory P226. I don't have a trigger gauge, but it was pleasant in both DA and SA.
Not "heavy", and definitely not the workout that 12131 described on his...

But, no matter, they will get a trip to Burke, whenever I get around to it.
. I was hoping to read that. I don't get it. There's no faking it with this model. It's not supposed to be mass produced run of the mill. Cheap bastards really got some nerve.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
On a more positive note, you can create your own P226 LDCT and P226 LDCRT by swapping slides Smile

What do you think I was doing when I took off them slides? Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:

What do you think I was doing when I took off them slides? Big Grin

Big Grin shoulda known...if you'd posted photos of them, Sig would probably be inundated with emails/calls asking about them

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh man, so sorry about the guide rod mix up. Nonetheless, the silver and black pair sure do look NICE (especially with the triple serial numbers). I can only imagine the tirade of expletives you unleashed when you realized the assembly error. I also wonder how many more with the exact same mix up are out there in the wild.

But back to tekmassa's question... Why a P228-9 (white) factory recoil spring setup and not a P226-9 (orange) one, since the P226 LDC slide is much more P226-like than P228/P229-like in dimension and weight?

MudPhud

Posts: 41 | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
To clarify my comment regarding the use of the white 228-9 recoil spring in the 226LDC9, this is what we've long observed as SIG SAUER practice when down-springing certain P-Series target sport models, such as the old Sport Stock, AllRound or other Master Shop builds. The shorter 228 spring is intended to serve as a de facto reduced rate spring for such heavy, 15mm barrel, tight full size 9's which may not otherwise cycle reliably with standard orange springs. Alternatively, you'll also encounter purpose-designed reduced rate springs (in both single strand and multi-strand styles) in such pistols. The LDC is no different.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
To clarify my comment regarding the use of the white 228-9 recoil spring in the 226LDC9, this is what we've long observed as SIG SAUER practice when down-springing certain P-Series target sport models, such as the old Sport Stock, AllRound or other Master Shop builds. The shorter 228 spring is intended to serve as a de facto reduced rate spring for such heavy, 15mm barrel, tight full size 9's which may not otherwise cycle reliably with standard orange springs. Alternatively, you'll also encounter purpose-designed reduced rate springs (in both single strand and multi-strand styles) in such pistols. The LDC is no different.

-Bruce

Interesting. My Allround ran great with your GGI pink springs when I had them, and it runs fine with standard orange 9mm springs as well.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post