SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live - LDC related
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People this stupid shouldn't be allowed to live - LDC related Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
ETA: To avoid potential misunderstanding, the thread title refers to the Oriental Redneck only, and no one else.

Ok, so what possessed me to acquired another LDC, when my first one HERE is less than completely satisfying? I must have had a high fever at the time and was not thinking straight. Roll Eyes
So, I got the black LDC this time to complement the "white" one, hoping the crappy trigger of the first one was a fluke. But no, turned out it's the same deal. And, to add insult to injury, check out the guide rod. It belongs to the P228/P229. Eek SIG QC, really, guys? My fault for not having spotted this while at the FFL.
I've shot an email to them with attached pics and asked for the correct guide rod. Haven't heard back, yet.
ETA (10/31/17): Correct one on the way.
ETA (11/1/17): Got the correct one. Even better, CS also sent a pair of solid guide rods. I was told that these are the ones they use on the Legions.
Nice! Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You've got the fever. What more can you say?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to be kidding me...

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Built on a Friday? Confused

Hope they get it cleared up for you, Q. I really like the LDC, wish Sig didn't put the tail on it. Regardless I could see myself picking one up down the road.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I am sure SIG will make it right, shame they have to though.

Can you even rack the slide with the guide rod that much shorter?

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redhookbklyn:
Can you even rack the slide with the guide rod that much shorter?

You sure can. The comparison pics proved that. And, the gun was quite dirty, meaning test firing was most likely trouble free. But, no matter, because that thing is a malfunction waiting to happen.

Q

Posts: 26344 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
Wow...

I'm not one to usually chime in on threads about Sig quality, but, this one is just ridiculous.

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That. Is. Awesome.

NOT.

Mad

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that, Q.

I'd still buy the black one, though. Just beautiful.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Do they test fire these at the factory still?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh... now they're not just putting 228/9 recoil springs in them, but the short guide rod as well? Frown

Do you think the poor trigger is due to the use of the e2 specific mainspring strut vs the shorter mainspring strut used in new Sigs? I switched to a 17lb spring and have been doing lots of dry firing, which has improved things tremendously.

Posts: 398 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: November 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
All I can say is WOW!

I will say, the crown on both barrels looks really nicely done, and both guns are beautiful.

Just put some GGI fatties in both of them.

Tekmassa makes a great point about the strut, I changed mine from the E2 style to the standard style, and I think it made a difference in the feel of the trigger.

I'm also running a 17lb mainspring.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I want one. Theyre gorgeous guns!

The qc issue is bizarre though. Just...how??

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I’ve had that happen before. My MK25 had the wrong guide rod. IIRC, Sig just sent me another one after I sent them some pics

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still say that the “white” one is one of the prettiest stainless P226 configured pistols available on the market today (not including the X5 series pistols)....

When funds allow if there are still any reasonably priced “white” pistols left I will buy one. Its a shame Osage does not have one. If they did I would ask John to allow me to lay-it-away.....

Recent personal expenses drained the gun fund and required I let a few go but seeing these type pistols gives me hope that there is still X5 type pistols coming out of SIG....I will own one of these white LDC pistols one of these days....Mark

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is an "LDC"?

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
What is an "LDC"?

Long Dust Cover

Q

posted Hide Post
Thanks, 12131

Posts: 1253 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:

Do you think the poor trigger is due to the use of the e2 specific mainspring strut vs the shorter mainspring strut used in new Sigs? I switched to a 17lb spring and have been doing lots of dry firing, which has improved things tremendously.

But, apparently, you didn't have a problem with yours in the first place? The post below is yours, from THIS THREAD.

quote:
Originally posted by tekmassa:
Second note, regarding the trigger. My trigger is smooth with less effort required than my other factory P226. I don't have a trigger gauge, but it was pleasant in both DA and SA.
Not "heavy", and definitely not the workout that 12131 described on his...

But, no matter, they will get a trip to Burke, whenever I get around to it.

Q

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Both of my SIGs (P238 & 9mm X5) have plain wire, rather than twisted, recoil springs, so I'm not savvy about the latter. In your photo, it appears that the springs are light colored at the back, but dark at the front. What's with that?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post