SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 sending back again,,,how ca I get Sig to fix all the problems this time?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 sending back again,,,how ca I get Sig to fix all the problems this time? Login/Join 
posted
I feel like this is a slow burn...first my striker broke at 350 rounds now experiencing FTEs. I'm guessing next the trigger spring will fail. What language should I use when I call Monday to get the new striker design the new trigger spring etc done when the extractor is fixed? I guess I'm too nice when I call.

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This isn't actually happening to you. This only happens to third hand parties and is extremely rare. People who report these events are deplorable trouble makers and instigators who are passing on rumors they heard on the internet, and it must be a "first generation" pistol (which apparently makes it okay). Most importantly, nobody here has experienced any such thing. You must be someone else.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
So this is its second time back to SIG? In my experience with an early 1911 (2007-8), they gave me a new gun after its third time back. As for any parts that may have been upgraded since you bought your gun, it is likely they will replace them without your asking for it.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn brother, sorry to hear. Glad I waited for the bugs to get exterminated.... Still waiting.....

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the date of manufacture?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
I feel like this is a slow burn...first my striker broke at 350 rounds now experiencing FTEs. I'm guessing next the trigger spring will fail. What language should I use when I call Monday to get the new striker design the new trigger spring etc done when the extractor is fixed? I guess I'm too nice when I call.

Simply be honest and direct, ( along with polite/patient ) with their customer service rep that you speak with. Tell them your current issues and concerns with your pistol and what you want to see corrected.

Having to send a firearm back a second time for issues tends to really shake a customer's faith in it. While I'm sure they know this, it doesn't hurt to convey this to the rep you speak with.

I would also ask them to include a list of work done to your pistol, ( inspections made, parts replaced, quantity and type of rounds test fired, for example ). Sometimes folks get one along with their returned firearm, sometimes they don't.

While this tends to be a subject of a fair amount of contention around here, if I was to ever need to send a firearm back on a RMA, I would clean it before sending it back to the manufacturer. I would expect it to most likely come back dirty, ( if they needed to test fire it ).

My reasoning being: send them a clean firearm and they can get right to the point of disassembling it, inspecting it and then making any needed repairs to it. After all, who wants to work on a dirty gun? Having worked in a Custom & Warranty shop for a major firearms manufacturer, I tell you this from first hand experience. Bruce Gray has also posted the same thing concerning their shop receiving dirty guns from customers. It adds time to the inspection/repair/rework process when the Warranty shop folks need to clean a gun before they can start their true work. Multiply the time it can take to clean each firearm coming in the door over dozens of guns that need to be worked on daily and one will see how much of a time drain this becomes. This will delay the Warranty repair folks from getting to other firearms in a more timely manner.

With the second part of it coming back to you somewhat dirty, ( from test firing ) I would have no problems with that, what so ever. In fact, I would be satisfied seeing the proof of it having been test fired. Once again, it's a time factor. By not cleaning a firearm after their test fire, they can move on quicker to the next RMA firearm, ( as well as getting repaired guns back into customers hands a little faster ).

I would be willing to bet that SIG will get your 365 squared away for you, provided that you tell them up front what you want taken care of with it.

Out of curiosity, what bullet weight and brand are you having the FTE's with? With my 365, I found that it had occasional FTE's, but only with 115gr FMJs. With 124gr and 147gr, my 365 ran perfectly. 124gr is what I typically fire through all of my 9's.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I will clean it before I send back.

Born 3/10, this must be a beta gun lol

700 rounds in when the FTE started. Shoot 115 gr Magtech and S&B mostly so far.

Ran flawlessly except for the broken firing pin previously. I guess the extractor spring is worn out already?

Posts: 114 | Location: NJ | Registered: December 09, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
This isn't actually happening to you. This only happens to third hand parties and is extremely rare. People who report these events are deplorable trouble makers and instigators who are passing on rumors they heard on the internet, and it must be a "first generation" pistol (which apparently makes it okay). Most importantly, nobody here has experienced any such thing. You must be someone else.

Cool

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timrh23:
Thanks guys, I will clean it before I send back.

Born 3/10, this must be a beta gun lol

700 rounds in when the FTE started. Shoot 115 gr Magtech and S&B mostly so far.

Ran flawlessly except for the broken firing pin previously. I guess the extractor pin is worn out already?

How often do the FTEs occur?

Have you tried any other bullet weights/brands?

When I had the FTEs on a box of Federal 115gr FMJs, this is what the malfunction looked like:

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
quote:

Cool

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can confirm this. Sig has stated the design is perfect.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is it that just about every time I see your posts, you're stirring shit? What possible good comes from this smarmy shit you're spewing? Seriously- in what way does this help matters?

My position on this controversy is neutral. I'm not defending SIG and I'm not condemning SIG, and there is no agenda behind this neutrality. I have no personal experience with the P365, never fired a single round through one. My position is not a matter of convenience. It's the truth when I say that at this point, I lack sufficient information to draw any conclusions.

I know one thing, though- the brand of bullshit I see in your post is not in any way helpful to the matter. You think you know the truth of the matter? Then, state your case. What's that you say? You've already done so? Then, there's nothing else to say, unless you want to re-state what you believe to be true, but that's not what you're doing right now, and I want you to cut it the fuck out.

Scroll back up the page. Look at the posts. This thread is now all about you. If I end up locking this thread, it will be your doing all the way.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You get more flys with sugar than vinegar.
As stated above, be polite and state what the pistol is doing or not doing.
It's infuriating when you spend money on something and it doesn't work correctly. Everyone's been there. Last thing to do is lose your cool at someone trying to help.
I hope it gets resolved for you. Good luck.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moose201
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy

While this tends to be a subject of a fair amount of contention around here, if I was to ever need to send a firearm back on a RMA, I would clean it before sending it back to the manufacturer. I would expect it to most likely come back dirty, ( if they needed to test fire it ).

My reasoning being: send them a clean firearm and they can get right to the point of disassembling it, inspecting it and then making any needed repairs to it. After all, who wants to work on a dirty gun? Having worked in a Custom & Warranty shop for a major firearms manufacturer, I tell you this from first hand experience. Bruce Gray has also posted the same thing concerning their shop receiving dirty guns from customers. It adds time to the inspection/repair/rework process when the Warranty shop folks need to clean a gun before they can start their true work. Multiply the time it can take to clean each firearm coming in the door over dozens of guns that need to be worked on daily and one will see how much of a time drain this becomes. This will delay the Warranty repair folks from getting to other firearms in a more timely manner.

What you’re saying makes complete sense to me but I was told the exact opposite by Amy at Sig when she told me to send my P365 back for warranty work one week or so ago. Her reasoning was that the tech would want to see the firearm in the same condition as when it was producing the malfunction. Anyway, I didn’t clean it and I’m hoping they can clear up the issue.

Posts: 264 | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I was glad to see ARMT Guy suggested you clean the pistol before sending it back. In past posts many said they would send a problem pistol back to SIG dirty as if it's a form of punishment. If I remember correctly, even Bruce Gray has responded that they're glad to see a clean pistol received.

In my mind, that would just delay SIG's response to your issues (but apparently not so according to the above post). His replies are a lot more helpful than some who typically reply to P365 threads.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moose201:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy

What you’re saying makes complete sense to me but I was told the exact opposite by Amy at Sig when she told me to send my P365 back for warranty work one week or so ago. Her reasoning was that the tech would want to see the firearm in the same condition as when it was producing the malfunction. Anyway, I didn’t clean it and I’m hoping they can clear up the issue.

Well, if that's what the SIG rep wanted, ( having received input from their Warranty section, I'm sure ) then by all means, that's the way to go.

I hope they get your 365 back swiftly and in tip-top shape. Smile