SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has any LEO received their p320 upgrade email from sig yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has any LEO received their p320 upgrade email from sig yet? Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motorjock721:
Im just a little impatient,cause I have one already "upgraded" and am looking forward to getting my other one done.

If you said that one was a duty weapon and the other not, that could have been the reason for the difference in how long each takes. The notice I received made a big deal about, “You said this was not a duty gun. If it is, call us.” It would make sense for SIG to treat duty pistols differently than those not used for that purpose.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
My first one is on its way Back and Im about to ship my second one off.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the LE notification on 11/14. This was a mistake because I am not LE -- I was able to purchase my 320s through the Armed Professional program because I'm an NRA instructor. In the e-mail, they asked me to identify a "point of contact at my agency" who would be the one for them to communicate with. I assume this would be an armorer or supervisor.

I contacted SIG by phone to clear up the confusion, and got my non-LE upgrade notices a couple of weeks later. This "point of contact" e-mail is confusing, though. To me, it indicates that they aren't dealing with LE guns on an individual basis, but only through departments. Or maybe it was because I didn't identify any agency in my initial application. I don't know.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my L/E P-320compact back on Thursday last week. Total time from initial shipping to return was 9 days.

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Mine is now in hand. Looks good and trigger feels the same, if not a touch better. Sent my second off today.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mailed my P320 FS and compact kit in late November and just got them back last week. The compact kit had no lighting cuts in the slide and works great. The FS has the lighting cuts and the reset is delayed. I can feel the whole length of the trigger reset. The trigger in the full size feels gritty. The FS is a very early, original gun. I think they should have replaced these slides with the upgrade.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was able to purchase my 320s through the Armed Professional program

The fact that it was a IOP purchase is the factor. they were being done at Newington while the rest were done at Exeter.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Gun purchased as IOP through Quantico Tactical.

Submitted info to SIG on 11/14/17.
Registered as an IOP gun but stated it was not a duty weapon.

Label received 11/27/17.

Gun and xchange kit sent in on 11/29/17.

SIG receives them on 12/01/17.

SIG ships back to me on 12/05/17.

Fixed items received back on 12/07/17.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8017 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
Sig told our range guys that they were shipping us all new pistols and we have to send back all the original ones-boxes, mags, etc. We're just supposed to swap out, not get modifications to the current issued ones.

I thought I heard a target date but it hasn't happened yet...

Posts: 592 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
**UPDATE**
After the last conversation in November with Sig CS, I finally received the shipping label from Sig 1/5/18.
Just dropped it off at Fed Ex this morning 1/6/18.

Looking forward to getting it back.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally received the shipping label from Sig 1/5/18.

Should not take long. Just talking to someone working in the same area in Exeter and he was saying the work is slowing down so turnaround is quick. Shipping to and from will take longer. Take me five days for it to go 4.2 miles.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post