SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Has any LEO received their p320 upgrade email from sig yet?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has any LEO received their p320 upgrade email from sig yet? Login/Join 
posted
Just wondering, cause my civilian bought P320 is already on its way to Sig for the upgrade. I registered my Police p320 a few weeks after my civilian one.

I thought Sig was going to upgrade the Police guns first? No biggie.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Motorjock721:
I thought Sig was going to upgrade the Police guns first?

Evidently Internet rumor that seemed plausible, but if SIG gave any precedence to LE guns, it was only for the guns registered in the initial rush. I was tardy in registering my “police” gun and have yet to receive the email. I know of a small agency that returned theirs immediately after the announcement and just received them back—but not before some of the private guns as reported here.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. The officer lives close to the factory but still had to use the FedEx label.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Registered mine in the first day or two - no word as yet. Per my LE rep...it will be several weeks until I hear.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I wonder why they are handling these guns so differently? These duty guns should receive priority over Bubba the YouTuber!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Registered mine the first day we could. Nothing from them since.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
My regional rep told me that the LE guns are going through an additional Q/C step at the factory and should be shipping “soon.” I have not heard anything since that email last week and my personal LE gun was registered as soon as it was possible. I’ll be sure to post up when my department guns or personal gun show up.

Posts: 403 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACClauhs:
My regional rep told me that the LE guns are going through an additional Q/C step at the factory and should be shipping “soon.”

So Joe Average Citizen doesn’t get any extra quality control steps? How refreshing.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:
Originally posted by ACClauhs:
My regional rep told me that the LE guns are going through an additional Q/C step at the factory and should be shipping “soon.”

So Joe Average Citizen doesn’t get any extra quality control steps? How refreshing.

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's company speak for delaying. The regular Joe citizen are getting their guns back first.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
It's not right (I'm retired LEO) but maybe because there's more "civilian" pistols out there than LE?

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect the lawyers asked a simple question. Who is more likely to handle them more and shoot them more and hence bigger risk of shooting themselves in the forehead?

It might be that simple. This isn’t a glamour gun that gets put in the safe to ogle.

Mine gets shot a lot. More than the average PO.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Forty Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Registered mine the first day we could. Nothing from them since.

Same here.

Posts: 1301 | Location: The Golden State--CA | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought two P-320's Ones an individual officer purchase and the other from my local shop just like everyone else. I got a shipping label etc from sig for my Non L/e gun last week and have heard nothing yet about the Individual Officer 320. YMMV

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I suspect the lawyers asked a simple question. Who is more likely to handle them more ....

If “the lawyers” asked that question, I hope someone who wasn’t totally ignorant of the subject said, “Law enforcement officers do.” LEOs handle their handguns at least twice every working day (at the beginning and end of shift), and very often more than that if they ever enter a jail or other restricted area. Do some non-LEOs handle their handguns at least that frequently, if not more often? Of course, but they are a small percentage of the people who own P320s, and I’d bet a nickel that if an LEO sends in a P320 for the “upgrade” that it’s likely she actually carries it on duty, especially if she sent it in immediately after the recall announcement. Just on a statistical basis it’s less likely that the other guns being sent in are carried and handled every day.

It’s also likely that LEOs are inconvenienced far more by the whole thing. Let’s see a show of hands: How many non-LEOs here who have returned their P320s or plan to don’t have an alternative gun to carry and shoot while waiting until the work is done—or could just not carry the P320 at all? Hmm …, my view is a little cloudy, but I’m not seeing too many.

On the other hand, I personally know of a small agency that had standardized on the P320 shortly before the story broke, and no responsible administrator (or lawyer) would have said, “That’s okay; carry them until we can get them made safe to handle.” As a consequence, they were suddenly scrambling to find guns for their officers to carry. And it didn’t end there: They had to get their officers qualified on the substitute guns, and now that the P320s are back, they have to get them requalified on that one. The agency will therefore be paying some unexpected overtime for their officers to walk around in the snow for the next week or so, plus that doesn’t even begin to consider the whole duty holster thing.

I don’t know why SIG chose to deal with the problem as they did, but it would have made perfect sense if they’d decided to give LEO guns precedence for the fix.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Any updates? I'm still waiting to hear...it's getting a little frustrating.

posted Hide Post
I got my full size 320 back yesterday, total time was 8 days. I still have heard nothing about my 320C which I bought through my LE dealer. several guys I work with also have not heard anything from Sig.YMMV

Posts: 442 | Location: people republic of Crapachusettes | Registered: September 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my full size 320 back yesterday, ( non L.E. model ).
Just for giggles, I called SIG customer service ( Law Enforcement sales) to check on my LE P320 status.
CS rep advised they did not have my LE 320 registered for the upgrade, even though I provided my info via telephone due to the Sig website having an issue.
CS rep was very cool and entered all my info and confirmed my email address and other personal information.
Long story short, CS rep advised they are sending out an email to all the LE pistol owners advising what will be happening next. That's all they would advise. Stay tuned.

Posts: 95 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A month later and still no word even after re-calling Sig CS ( Law Enforcement side).

The CS rep advised I would receive the RMA email in a couple of weeks.

Im just a little impatient,cause I have one already "upgraded" and am looking forward to getting my other one done.

posted Hide Post
I have a full size IOP P320. I received the email a week and a half ago, but havent managed to get the pistol sent yet.

No word on any of the other P320's that I registered.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BamaCav
posted Hide Post
Received the email for my full size P320 on November 27th. SIG received the pistol on November 29th. Pistol was delivered back to me on December 6th.

Posts: 126 | Location: AL | Registered: December 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post