SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger MKII KMK-514 Show & Tell
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger MKII KMK-514 Show & Tell Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
posted
I just picked up this used Ruger KMK-514. These 5 1/4" tapered target models are somewhat scarce but not necessarily rare. Production estimates range from a few to several thousand units (which for MK II's is a small percentage). Since this one has been fired and divorced from it's original box, it has been assigned shooter status. As such, I just installed a new Volquartsen adjustable rear sight as well as a few internal upgrades. Please note the safety warning on the right side of the barrel. Ordinarily this warning appears on the port side. A Monday morning barrel perhaps? Enjoy.

Obligatory photo:

Posts: 3488 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice. I have a Stainless Bull Barrel and a tapered Blued with fixed sights.

Stainless MKIIs are sexy as hell.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Nice! Cool

I've seen many 6 7/8" tapered target models, but I think this is the first 5 1/4".

I've been shooting a Mk III Competition in bullseye for several years. Couple years ago I scored a Mk II Competition then quite by accident picked up a Mk II Government and a Mk II 5.5" stainless bull target. I really didn't want 4 of these pistols but couldn't resist. Been thinking I should add a tapered target to the collection at some point if I'm going to have this many.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CLEANDEAN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

My 10" Bull barrel is a tad heavy ...but got the job done . I won 1st in a few .22 action shoots, that's when the giggles just sorta stopped.

Never judge a man, till you have walked a mile in his shoes.....
That way, you'll be a mile away from him; and you'll have his shoes.

Posts: 181 | Location: So. of 3 Rivers < Penna. VIGILANT CURMUDGEON | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Very handsome.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3182 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I have the same combination of MkIIs. Fantastic shooters.

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post