SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Primer Drag on my P365 - Good News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primer Drag on my P365 - Good News Login/Join 
posted
I thought the 365 had bad primer drag and the pin was supposed to snap. Roll Eyes Glock 19 on left, P365 on right.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sg,

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not terribly concerned about primer drag, but that’s not quite a fair comparison. The G19 striker is not round, so the amount of drag is less than it appears.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was kinda my point. The 365 doesn't look bad at all, similar to the G19. The 365 looks much better than pics I've seen floating around the net.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Primer drag. I thought this has been laid to rest as a non-issue.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 365 exhibits zero signs of primer drag.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Primer drag. I thought this has been laid to rest as a non-issue.

It was, if "laid to rest" meant that sig representatives came here to tell us it was a non-issue.

Of course, they also came here to say that the P320 wouldn't discharge when struck, and that strikers weren't breaking on P365's. So it must be true. After all, the salesmen said it on the internet, and thus laid it to rest.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
That is nothing like what the original primer drag controversy was about. That drag is what they changed it to. It’s not nearly as bad as it originally was. If anyone wants to say the original drag marks that were deep and all the way out to edge were a nonissue...well enjoy your kookaide

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine display the full drag marks.

posted Hide Post
You guys that are having no primer drag, what is the born on date on your pistol?

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Does ammo power factor matter? Speer 124 plus p vs WWb? The Speer is snappy.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think power factor has anything to do with anything, except as a competition term.

It doesn't speak to slide velocity, chamber pressure, or bullet velocity, or even recoil; it's just a way of determining a number for entering a contest.

posted Hide Post
Mostly, I see a bunch of (maybe) carpet in a huge, unedited photo. Cropping is your friend ... very easy on iPhone/iPad - I use Paint in Windoze.

Sorta back on topic - I don’t police up my brass at the range. There are better things to do at $20 per hour!! Wink Unless your 365 has a kaboom or something, I suggest a continuation of shooting.

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sg:
You guys that are having no primer drag, what is the born on date on your pistol?

I want to say it was mid June of this year that I picked up the pistol and it was made not much earlier.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Production birthday on mine is July 2019
NO STRIKER DRAG!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post