SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Baby Beretta — Because Why Not?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Baby Beretta — Because Why Not? Login/Join 
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted
We’ve probably all purchased at least one firearm at one time or another for which we didn’t really have a “need” but simply wanted for some reason. Here’s mine...(pic below)

I don’t “need” a .32 ACP pocket pistol, but for some inexplicable reason I’ve wanted one of these for years, and ran across one at what I feel is a fair price from a LGS.

I bought it on my way to range and fired it today, and unfortunately forgot to save the target (which would not have impressed anyone anyway) but the recoil was almost negligible, kind of like a .22 Stinger or something. I was shooting S&B 73 gr FMJ. I did get a little slide bite, but no big deal. This silly thing is just plain fun to shoot (in spite of the blood)!

Who else has bought a gun for no other reason than desire?

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very nice Beretta!

Me. I bought a Sig made Mauser M2 in .45acp. Because why not?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's usually the rule, rather than exception. Big Grin

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really wish they’d make these in .380... they would sell a boat load, but I kinda want one in .22 which would be pretty fun

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, you got off easy. In the 1970's, when I was young, handsome, had hair and money, I bought a beautiful Colt 6" blue Python. For no reason other than lust.

Did have a lot of fun shooting and fondling it. Sold it about 20 years later at a very handsome profit. Still don't know why I bought it and sure as Hell don't know why I sold it. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I bought a rainbow colored Chiappa Rhino for reasons. Not smart reasons. But, reasons.

I've owned several Tomcats including the Tomcat Titanium. I still own one. They're chunky monkeys. Overpriced for what they are compared to a P32 and trigger is pretty awful. Still...I like it lol.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the 1970's, when I was young, handsome, had hair and money,

Think this applies to a whole lot of us. Especially...the hair! Big Grin

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the rule!! I have two Bobcats .22 but my mom has one and my stepmom has the other.

That is a beautiful pistol. I love my P220 and G19 and 43 and .... but I have a real thing for smaller micro pistols.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Comforting to know I’m not alone! Wink

SigFan

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Baby Browning 25 auto... Smile

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congrats! That sure is one cute baby!

I must admit, I recently bought a gun I didn't really need...also a baby Beretta, to go along with my full sized one. Although mine isn't quite as functional as yours:

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Someone just gave me a box of .45LC, so I guess I need a gun to match. And holster, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:

I must admit, I recently bought a gun I didn't really need...also a baby Beretta, to go along with my full sized one. Although mine isn't quite as functional as yours:

Frank

That’s cool! It reminds me of those salesman sample guns that were scaled-down versions of the actual guns they were selling about 100 years ago. What’s the story with yours?

SigFan

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
We’ve probably all purchased at least one firearm at one time or another for which we didn’t really have a “need” but simply wanted for some reason. Here’s mine...(pic below)

Oh, down worry about it too much SIG FAN, I've bought about 20, 25 or so just on a "want".

Around here, that's probably on the low end of things. I'm sure there's more than a few here that have a hell-of-a-lot more "wants" in their safe (or the bottom of the lake after that tragic fishing accident) than "needs".

Just off the top of my head, the ones that are resting at the bottom of the lake are:
NAA guardian.32
Seacamp .380
G-30
G-17 RTF2
S&W 340PD
S&W Mod 19
S&W Mod 52
Colt .25 Pocket Auto
Another Colt .25 Pocket Auto
Sig 220
Sig 220 DAK
S&W 4506-3
S&W 544 in 44/40
Ruger 10/22
BHP 9mm
Rem 700

All because of "want"!
But I'm happy every time I open one of the safes! Big Grin

Oh, throw in a few different 1911's...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I really wish they’d make these in .380... they would sell a boat load, but I kinda want one in .22 which would be pretty fun

It wouldn’t be fun in .380. Horribly sharp recoil.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I have the same gun except mine is in .22 Long. No where near my first choice as a defensive gun, but the seller was a dear friend who is slowly being eaten up by cancer. So this little guy will serve as my remembrance of Effin Stu.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I also bought four baby Beretta's just because...

2 950BS's .22short and .25ACP
2 21A's .22LR and .25ACP

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
quote:
Originally posted by pinefd:

Frank

That’s cool! It reminds me of those salesman sample guns that were scaled-down versions of the actual guns they were selling about 100 years ago. What’s the story with yours?

I love these little things! They're amazingly detailed, especially for the price. They can even be field stripped and "fired" (without the "bang"). They're available in black and "silver". I got them off of eBay. Here are links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M92F-...?hash=item1cd4893534

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M92F-...?hash=item1a7fd50332

Frank

Posts: 42 | Location: MA | Registered: July 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post

I love these little things! They're amazingly detailed, especially for the price. They can even be field stripped and "fired" (without the "bang"). They're available in black and "silver". I got them off of eBay. Here are links:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M92F-...?hash=item1cd4893534

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M92F-...?hash=item1a7fd50332

Frank[/QUOTE]

Very cool; thanks for those links.

SigFan