SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    tips for new crimson trace owner/user ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tips for new crimson trace owner/user ? Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
Got a major deal on a set of grips for my sp101. Have never owned a laser aiming device and haven't attended any training that discussed it.

Won't know if I like it until I try, but would appreciate any tips or things you did that helped you get used to them or learn to use them well.

If you want to tell me how bad they are, I guess that's ok too, but I'm still going to try them for a while.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
CTC has a video library with various scenarios as well as sighting in the laser...

https://www.crimsontrace.com/c...video-media-library/

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I use them on a 642, P238, and 1911 Officer (currently). They work great. Keep the glass clean as dust and powder residue will cloud and distort the dot if you don't occassionaly clean it.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Change the batteries annually just like your smoke detector

CT will even send you FREE batteries if you ask them to

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
Do not try to use your sights while using laser. They don't co-witness. Look at the laser on the target, not your sights.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post