SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Romeo1 Update?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romeo1 Update? Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking to put a Romeo1 on my new P320 X-Carry. When I went on Sig's website, it showed that the model SOR11001 is out of stock and"coming soon". I have had a LGS try and sell me a model SOR11000. The question I have is: Will the SOR11001 be a "Gen 2" Romeo1? Will it have a larger front hood to protect it from damaging the front glass lens? Be curious to find out that info.

Posts: 65 | Location: NW Montana (Last Best Place) | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I would wait to ensure you are getting the Gen that you want - there is no guarantee if you order sight unseen or if they vendor doesn't know the difference.

https://www.shootingillustrate...romeo1-reflex-sight/

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been wanting to do a review between a original Romeo1 and a new model Romeo1. I was on a wait list at the sig pro shop for the 320F RX and P226 SAO RX and got both of them on the first day available. I recently bought an RX Xchange kit for my P226 SSE.

I did not know there was a difference until i was at the range and i was packing up and I went to put the cover on the romeo1's before putting them in my range bag. I noticed the new Romeo1 had a bigger metal bezel around the optic. Not by much but the original romeo1's covers would not fit it. So that might be the difference in model number.

Now with all of that said the original Romeo1's are rock solid and at this point i have put thousands of rounds through them without one problem. They just work. But the new one is built a little bit more sturdy.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post