SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your carry weapon?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your carry weapon? Login/Join 
Retired, laying back
and enjoying life
Picture of low8option
posted Hide Post
A 1911 always. Most time a DW VBOB in 45 or 38 Super, but sometimes a DW Silverback in 10 or a full-sized S&W 1911 in 45 and on rare occasions a Colt series 80 full-sized 38 Super or a LB Custom Carry commander sized in 38 Super.

Freedom comes from the will of man. In America it is guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment

Posts: 876 | Location: Northern Alabama | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, it's a G-19
At the minimum a Ruger LCP 380.

Work, it's a G-21 with a G-30 or a S&W 340PD.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Glock 43 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster most of the time, or a G19 in a Rosen ARG

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 98% of the time. Occasionally I would carry my Glock 19 with Surefire XC1.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Usually P938 or P2000sk.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 27 in a VersaMax2

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
FNH 5 7X28 service model

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 23 with Surefire XC1. After one mass shooting or another...I think San Bernardino, I ditched my CCO 1911 in favor of something that shared mags with my issued gun and therefore my chest rig. I'm not a .40 fan but I'm married to it at work.

I also always have a spare 15 round mag and my LCP in my pocket.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my carry for over 15 years is a Sig P220st, ive tried litteraly dozens of others but always go back to her. I know its big, and at times hard to carry concealed but she is my carry

Posts: 710 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In cold weather and in moderate weather I carry a P227R full size nitron model.

In hot weather when I perspire more I carry a G32.

The Glock withstands perspiration better than the P227R. If the controls on the P227R were stainless or were given one of the corrosion resistant surface treatments I would carry the P227R year round.

Posts: 57 | Location: South west Mississippi | Registered: April 28, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Well now Sig Forum thread I'll go with my Sig P-228 24/7 with two extra magazines just in case. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
P7.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
CZ P-07 in 9mm, like this one.

For size reference, it is roughly the same as a railed P229. 15-round magazine, with available newly introduced 16-round with no additional length.

Actual gun in a Cook's AIWB holster:

Second gun (actually the one I'd probably go for first) is a Ruger LCP in my right front pocket, in a Mika pocket holster. If I'm out and about, both go with me.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&P9c in a Concealco iwb. It's a little chunky but carries well with a Beltman belt.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My main carry gun is a Glock 19 carried OWB, but I also carry a Smith and Wesson Model 36 or 60 in a pocket holster from time to time as well.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Glock 17, 19, or 26, in TT Gun Leather IWB holsters.

I'll likely be adding my 9mm P320 Compact/Carry into the rotation in the near future.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
SIG 938 SAS as my BUG. It rides in a DeSantis Super Fly pocket holster. A seven round mag is kept on the belt as a reload.

During the week, I normally have a Gen 4 G31, ( or Gen 4 G32 ) in a small Glock back pack, ( it has a basic nylon holster w/ thumb break that's velcro'd in it's own little compartment on the back pack. ) I have a Blackhawk SERPA holster and double mag pouch in the back pack along with multiple loaded mags and a box of ammo.

While off from work/weekends and leaving the house, I carry a Springfield Armory EMP 9 with two addtional mags. The EMP rides in a Milt Sparks VM2.

Just for around the house, yard work, etc, I carry a Walther 9mm PPS in local made kydex OWB holster. I carry an additional seven round mag on my belt.

I recently bought a Blue Lable Glock 43 that I'm nearly finished with working up and breaking in. I have a VM2 and a locally made kydex OWB holsters for it. It will probably replace the PPS and alternate with the EMP during the hotter months here.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
For years it was my Sig 229 in .357. The I was introduced to 1911's and it was my Sig 1911 Fastback Carry. Now its my Ed Brown Kobra Carry.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on the day, activities, weather, etc., I rotate between a Glock 43, 26 or 19 in JM Custom Kydex AIWB holsters. In the winter I will drop the 17 in on occasion.

Posts: 714 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Sig P-239, but of late a CZ P-07 gray has seen some use.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post