SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your carry weapon?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your carry weapon? Login/Join 
Picture of Deputy 617
posted Hide Post
Now that I'm back in a uniform, I have a different choice for work/home.

On duty: P220 .45 ACP

Off duty: P229R DAK 357 SIG

SIG SAUER...... Get you some!

Posts: 369 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
75% of the time it is the S&W 4513TSW. The early version with no rail and a 6 round mag. 15% it is a slightly smaller CS45. The other 10% of my carry needs are covered by the smaller CS9.

These guns are well built and accurate with excellent triggers. More importantly they are bet your life reliable. Each has fired hundreds of rounds (one thousand + in the 4513TSW) with zero malfunctions. And they all look good doing all that. Regsrds 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P245 or P238 depending on clothing

Posts: 135 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: June 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm just preparing my
impromptu remarks
posted Hide Post
Until very recently it was a Glock 17 with a Vortex Venom red dot, which was replaced about a month ago by a Glock 19 set up exactly the same way. Prior to the Glock 17 with the Venom, it was a non-MOS Glock 17.

While I really prefer the 17 to the 19, I finally conceded that my carry gun spends far more time in a holster than in my hand, so I bit the bullet and moved to the slightly easier to conceal 19. The 17 has moved to nightstand duty.

Posts: 331 | Location: PA | Registered: May 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
226 or 229 with a reload

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Normally a Ruger 380 and/or a S&W Shield in 9mm.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
G26.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK P30L usual carry, Sig MK25 & PX4 Storm (sometimes).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Lately it's been my SW1911SC in a BRL IWB holster.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Walther PPS 9mm but thinking about just going with a g19. Waiting for a new holster I have on order to try out.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time a Sig 229 DAK in 9mm . but I have been working with the 320 carry and just picked up a full size 320 late build and was going to try it in a Vigilance Tactical Kydex out side the waist band , this brand has loops you can move up or down and fits the gun perfect.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
P239 or a NAA Minimag revolver....sometimes both.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deputy 617:
Now that I'm back in a uniform, I have a different choice for work/home.

On duty: P220 .45 ACP

Off duty: P229R DAK 357 SIG

I've tried mixing the P220 up with other Sigs and it just doesn't make for an intuitive combo. The grip angle on the P220 is more extreme than the P226/P228/P229/P239 models, so if I am used to a P220 as my primary, I will end up shooting the P226/P229/P239 low when drawn from the holster cold. Better to stick with the P220/P245s, or stick with the P226/P228/P229/P239 series.

So, I prefer to carry a P226 9mm on duty, and a P239 9mm off duty. The single biggest reason I switched from the P220 platform was for better single hand use. I could run rings around 9mm shooters with .45acp in timed courses of fire, but things changed when got a shoulder injury and was forced to train weak hand for several months. Even when I came back, it was tough to get back in the saddle with the P220. It was that experience, and taking some advice from several officers who had been in their own stressful gun fights that I realized that the key is to pick your equipment as though you will not be at your best when the s**t hits the fan. Too often we select gear to maximize our abilities when we are feeling good, instead of picking equipment that can give us that edge when the chips are down.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fuego220,

Posts: 731 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
G23. All day, every day since I found a workable IWB holster for the gun (customized K-Rounds IWB Kydex w/ clip). Maybe my G43 will be pressed back into use again when the weather gets warmer, but I sincerely doubt it. Me likey me fo-tay. There's a warm and fuzzy happiness kind of thing with that hunk of a lump holstered at my side.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Glock 32 / 26

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mostly G26, but when hiking either a G19 or G20.

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion in 9mm. When the LGS gets a P226 Legion in 9mm back in stock, that's coming home. As are probably a G20Gen4 and a G19Gen4.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
P2000 or P2000SK, both in 357 Sig. For me, in 10 years, nothing better.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Depends Smile

• Ruger LCP in a DeSantis Pocket-Tuk pocket holster. Spare mag in a spare pocket, if I have one.
  • Walther PPS M2 9mm in a PJ Holsters Kydex IWB. Spare mag in a Kydex OWB horizontal carrier on the weak side.
  • Sig P239 SAS in one of Milt Sparks VM2 IWB or I-BAK OWB, spare mag in a spare pocket, if available, or Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig with two spare mags.
  • Sig P320 FS .45 ACP in a Pitbull Tactical Bloodline Nocturnal Kydex OWB. Probably a pair of spare mags OWB on the weak side. (Waiting to see what PBT comes up with.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Most the time Glock 19 occasionally P320.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post