SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your carry weapon?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your carry weapon? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
OK...we hear lots of people talk about full size guns, or 1911's they carry. What is the gun you REALLY put in a holster when you step out?

Pics for those who can post them...I can't seem to get mine to work.

For me:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/...34@N08/shares/15Tq5U

On-duty its my G17 Gen 4 with a LCP2 as a backup...

Off-Duty the majority of the time I carry a S&W 9mm Shield. If I go somewhere real shady...I grab my G19. (My new P320 may take over that role but we'll see...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bcjwriter,

Posts: 1954 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
shield mp 9mm or 442 smith and wesson.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Glock G27

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Glock 26 or 32. Occasionally a Glock 19, when I take the 32 to the range.

Posts: 3652 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 Legion 9mm

Posts: 636 | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually a P220 .45acp. A slightly baggie shirt in a dark color, with a thin IWB holster and it hides pretty well.

Posts: 727 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually a g34 or g19. On rare occasion a shield 9mm, xds 45 or g20.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
M&p 9c, full size 17 rd spare mag

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229 gen 2 SAS, HK P30 or HK45C. The 229 an P30 are 9mm.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Currently G19. 442 will be making lots of appearances as I get some rounds through it and the weather warms up.

Always had either the G21 or G34 with me in the truck every single day.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
A Glock 43 9mm IWB (in the woods that changes to a Glock 29 10mm in a Safariland ALS)

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
It's usually a M&P40C, CZ75 Compact PCR, or Walther PPS. Which one depends a lot on time of year and what I'm wearing.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Depends on weather and circumstances. G43 most common but Sig 239 in Sig 357 get considerable carry time as does a G26.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1518 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
XD9SC

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5471 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
642. I have carried 2" and 3" K-frame revolvers as well as a Glock 23 before.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really depends on the weather and where I am going or what I am wearing.

I prefer to carry my Sig 1911 C3.
If I have to have something smaller I either carry my wife' P238 or my Ruger 101 snub.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I've got a safe full of stuff that I feel compelled to at least occasionally carry to justify owning, but these are my most common.

Sig p229r DAK is my duty weapon and is carried concealed in plain clothes. This is being replaced in the rotation by a p239 DAK, mainly because my working clothes are now a bit more formal and the 239 hides better under a suit coat. Ive never had trouble carrying or concealing the 229 in jeans and casual clothing.

I carry a full size 1911 IWB with fair regularity off duty. In the winter I will occasionally carry a Glock 21. I just purchased a Glock 30S which will start spending some time with me once I've shot it enough to establish reliability.

When wardrobe won't allow guns of that size, I have a LC9 and a LCP that cover the small gun role. The LC9 will be replaced by a LC9S as soon as I'm confident in it's reliability and run it through our BUG qual course. Normally I don't go smaller than Glock 19 size unless its shorts and t shirt.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
HK P2000 .40 about 95% of the time.
Occasionally a P2000sk 9mm or a Walther PPS 9mm

When the occasion calls for a Smith 442 with CT laser grips.

Occasionally I just strap a claymore to my chest. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7615 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Lc9s in a keyhole hybrid.

Posts: 3476 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
G42, g26, g19 each get turns during the week depending on days activities. Work, school, day off, church, etc.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post