SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Romeo 1 mounting pattern.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Romeo 1 mounting pattern. Login/Join 
Picture of tha1000
posted
I've googled and searched, but I'm sure this has been discussed.

Is there any other dot that has the same mounting pattern as the Romeo 1? Heavily tempted by the 320x5, but would also prefer a more proven dot than the Romeo. Plus would prefer a 6~ moa dot vs the 3.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From my understanding the ROMEO 1 is a proprietary mounting pattern.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
From my understanding the ROMEO 1 is a proprietary mounting pattern.

That is what my googlefu is turning up as well. Is anybody making adapter plates for the 320's?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have an answer to your question but I can tell you thus far the romeo has held a zero and works well on my p320c rx though about 600 rounds. I haven't abused it but I prefer the sight picture to the rmr, and glad that I went this route vs buying a third rmr to have it mounted.

I'm sure the rmr may be more durable but the larger window and shape, and the ability to change battery without removing the sight has made me very happy thus far.

My only criticism is that the lowest setting is not low enough for use with night vision, even though it is intended to be a night vision setting.

-Freq

Posts: 192 | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freq18Hz:
Don't have an answer to your question but I can tell you thus far the romeo has held a zero and works well on my p320c rx though about 600 rounds. I haven't abused it but I prefer the sight picture to the rmr, and glad that I went this route vs buying a third rmr to have it mounted.

I'm sure the rmr may be more durable but the larger window and shape, and the ability to change battery without removing the sight has made me very happy thus far.

My only criticism is that the lowest setting is not low enough for use with night vision, even though it is intended to be a night vision setting.

-Freq

I appreciate the feedback, but I'm probably considered a high volume shooter. 600 rounds is a practice session. I know alma has a lot of rounds on his, but all those rounds and it is still a 3 moa dot.

posted Hide Post
I contacted Alma about putting a different brand dot on mine as well and I wanted his opinion on whether he thought it was possible.

He thinks that it is if you were to make a mounting plating but now after getting mine it may be a little work to do. The optic cut is certainly shallower than I thought it was going to be and I'm afraid that if the screw locations on the new optic are close to the ones on the Romeo it may not be possible because the screws holding the plate down may interfere with the screws mounting the optic.

I was thinking about going to a Vortex Venom 6MOA because the Romeo 1 3MOA is tough to track on bright days. I know a couple of guys locally that are sponsored by Vortex so I'm hoping that I can maybe get a spare from one of them so that I can compare the footprint of the two and also see where the mounting screws are located. I suppose anything is possible if you make the mounting plate thick enough but I also don't want the optic sitting way about the slide.

If I can find anything out in the next week or two when I see them I'll let you know.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Please do. The vortex is one of the more budget friendly options. The propriety cut for the Romeo is my biggest hang up with the x5.

posted Hide Post
Speaking of Romeo 1, I recently acquired the 2 tone sig p220 in 10mm and I called sig customer service about having the romeo one mounted on the slide and sigs response was that they aren't currently mounting the romeo one on anything other than the p320rx yet they show a photo of the p220 10mm in camo hunter with the romeo one milled into the slide on their website. Assuming this is true what are my options to have this done? Is there a red dot system available that mounts with a dovetail? should I look for a gunsmith to do the work locally?

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paulbriand:
Speaking of Romeo 1, I recently acquired the 2 tone sig p220 in 10mm and I called sig customer service about having the romeo one mounted on the slide and sigs response was that they aren't currently mounting the romeo one on anything other than the p320rx yet they show a photo of the p220 10mm in camo hunter with the romeo one milled into the slide on their website. Assuming this is true what are my options to have this done? Is there a red dot system available that mounts with a dovetail? should I look for a gunsmith to do the work locally?

It's going to depend on the dove tail, but there are dove tail mounts, at least for CZ's. that allow the mounting of a dot.

I'm not sure I'd just let Joe Local Gunsmith mill on my slide unless this was something he did all the time in his normal course of business. Unfortunately, I have not researched it enough to feel comfortable recommending someone for you to send your slide to.

posted Hide Post
OK here we go. I'm an RMR user. I don't give a hoot about the sig stuff till its got a much much longer track record.
1. Trijicon sells an RMR dovetail mount for sigs. I don't recommend it (its well built) as the RMR will then not have any backup sights. SO gaming is fine serious use is not.
2. Lots of people mill pseries slides. I recommend and use L&M (http://www.landmprecisiongunworks.com)
you will be happy.
Hope that helps.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alma
posted Hide Post
I saw a prototype X5 adapter plate last night for use with some other popular red dots.
There was a three week estimated wait until he can get them into production and on the website, but they are coming. I'll update when I have more that can be shared.

Posts: 254 | Location: Springfield, VA | Registered: November 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alma:
I saw a prototype X5 adapter plate last night for use with some other popular red dots.
There was a three week estimated wait until he can get them into production and on the website, but they are coming. I'll update when I have more that can be shared.

Awesome.