SIGforum
HK P2000 LEM with a decocker?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/1910042944

November 05, 2018, 06:01 PM
ruger357
HK P2000 LEM with a decocker?
So I bought a P2000 on GunBroker the other day. The ad shows a picture of a gun with a hammer and deocker and the description says this gun has a deCocker. They screwed up and sent me a lem gun instead with no DeCocker so as I’m talking to the seller he says that the gun I will be getting is the same trigger not a double action single action gun but a lemgun with a DeCocker. Has anyone ever heard of that? These are new guns. Was it some sort of goofy federal agency variant that they have an overrun for? Or is the guy an idiot. I have HK guns lem and double action single action so I know about HK guns.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
November 05, 2018, 06:56 PM
grumpy1
I never heard of an LEM P2000 with a decocker, at least in regular production. Possibly if someone converted an P2000 DA/SA to LEM (which is not factory authorized and voids warranty), it would still have the decocker. An LEM P2000 will have a flush fit hammer while a DA/SA will not. If it were me, I would want a refund as something is not right. I would also ask for the exact model number of this P2000 with a picture of the label on the case with the model number. Does the ad on Gunbroker specify the exact model number?

A standard DA/SA 9MM P2000 with 13 round magazines is M709203-A5.
An LEM 9MM P2000 with 13 round magazines is M709202-A5.

Page below references P2000 model numbers.

http://crosscreekguns.com/P2000.html
November 05, 2018, 07:06 PM
sns3guppy
The LEM has no need of decocking, as it returns hammer-down each time if the trigger is released forward. If the trigger is released just to the reset point it can be fired like a single action. If allowed to reset all the way forward, it's a light pull to draw the hammer back, slight stacking then a break. Nothing cocked, nothing to decock. oOur trigger finger is the "decocker," simply by releasing the trigger forward.
November 05, 2018, 07:06 PM
hrcjon
You can easily check the HK P2000 std. variant list. A DA only gun with a decocker seems possible. A LEM does not. A DA/SA gun of course will have a decocker. But as a custom idea no concept of what HK would do.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
November 05, 2018, 07:45 PM
pedropcola
This isn't standard or catalogued. I believe what you have is a standard DA/SA version that has/had a decocker and the seller converted it to LEM. HK doesn't technically allow this conversion because it leaves a hole in the back of the slide where the decocker used to sit. One way to avoid that hole is leave the now useless decocker in place.

My understanding is that the gun is fine in that configuration or you can remove the decocker if you are ok with the gap that will remain.

LEM factory P2000's can't be converted to DA/SA for this very reason. They lack the gap/space for the decocker.

This is all from memory from my USPc and P2000 days so it might not be all correct but I am pretty sure all the above is correct.
November 05, 2018, 07:49 PM
cslinger
Early LEM guns absolutely had a variant with a decocker. I owned one. NIB.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
November 05, 2018, 07:54 PM
cslinger
Ok maybe not. I tried to find a picture of my LEM P2K and although I did couldn’t find an angle with clear decocker.....but I really think I remember it having a decock function that dropped it down all the way to the full DA/ doublestike pull. Maybe I am mistaken. Maybe I am just thinking of when the hammer drops and doesn’t cycle the slide. Sorry for confusing the issue.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."
November 05, 2018, 09:28 PM
BB61
My understanding is that you can convert a V3 to V1 and leave the de-cocker in place and that it will decock the hammer spring. It also voids the warranty as mentioned. HKpro had a thread about this some time ago IIRC.

Edited to add, I was correct. Follow this link and scroll down to Step 15, last line. https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk...v1-v2-lem-print.html. The decocker releases the tension on the hammer spring.

“CS” had one but I’ve never heard of a factory LEM with a decocker. I could be wrong but I think you got a used gun. I’d call HK and give them the serial number and get their confirmation as to the actual variant for the serial number. Cslinger had one but in 2018, I highly doubt you’d find a NIB LEM, with decocker, this late in the game.

November 06, 2018, 05:11 AM
CQB60
US Border patrol used the P2000 v2 in 40. It didn’t have any levers. The USP variants 5,6&7 were DAO ( not LEM) with a lever as a safety in varied configuration. Could someone have converted it to LEM and left the lever installed? Its More likely the dealer who sold it to you didn’t know Hk’s?

November 06, 2018, 07:06 AM
toto
i have one, this is a german model, the denomination is V0, it's the same as the V1 but you can have the first shot in DA if you deckok.