SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 17 gen 5 so far
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 17 gen 5 so far Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a G17 gen 5 a few months back as I didn't own a G17 for a while, I did own a G19 gen 4 but because I have large hands I didn't like it all that much. At some point I decided to switch to a G17 and also try out the gen 5, the very first thing is I do like the trigger better than any other gen (out of the box), I now own a G17 gen 3 and in my case I do appreciate not having the finger grooves on the gen 5. I did rented a variety of current offerings in the polymer market and the only other handgun that I like was the M&P 2.0, I'm not saying that one brands is better than the other is just I can shoot both of there well and over thousands of rounds I have not experienced any malfunctions with quality ammo. I did pick up a G17 gen3 rtf recently and while a great handgun I like the gen 5 better, this time around I did a lot of research and testing and can't be happier with my G17 gen 5. I did add a Ghost edge connector and tried a SS guide rod with a 14# spring and absolutely like the way it shoots but the rod and spring are only for fun, the normal set up stays in while on duty.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It wasn’t the missing finger grooves on the Gen 5’s that attracted me to them but I do prefer them
Over previous generations. The trigger was decent out of the box but I too swapped connectors with a ghost edge in my G19’s. Awesome gun...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
It wasn’t the missing finger grooves on the Gen 5’s that attracted me to them but I do prefer them
Over previous generations. The trigger was decent out of the box but I too swapped connectors with a ghost edge in my G19’s. Awesome gun...

I really like the ghost edge as it gets rid of the wall that the Glock triggers have, it's a smooth constant pull.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post