SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson grip module
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson grip module Login/Join 
posted
Looking for reviews / opinions ,
From from those that have changed to
Wilson grip modules on their 320’s . Is it strictly a cosmetic change , or is there a
Significant effect , in any way .

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have put the Wilson full size, carry, and compact models on my P320's. I'd switched to the Sig X grip, which I really liked, but found that I liked the Wilson grip even more. It is thinner in the back strap at the top, allows a higher grip, and my only complaint would be that I'd like to see more aggressive texturing on the side panels. I've put the weights in each of my grips, which don't add a lot, but I think help balance a little; three tungsten rods in each.

If you get a grip module and don't like it, you can always switch back in a minute. They're not that expensive.

I've carried the Wilson module and shot it in IDPA matches, and like it quite a bit.

It's hard to go wrong with the x-grip, but I replaced them with the Wilson, and am happy with the switch.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I've carried the Wilson module and shot it in IDPA matches, and like it quite a bit.

I was wondering about that (using a 320 for competitions with a non Sig grip module)? I know most matches will say that if the grip has been stippled or modified it will disqualify it for the Production class. I'm assuming running something like the WC grip module would have the same effect?

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have the full size Wilson Combat grip on my 320 and I like it a lot better than the Sig grip. But I also wish the texturing was more aggressive. I noticed a couple of times during the summer when I was sweating a little more that it felt a little slick. I'm not sure if it was the texture or the material it's made of.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
I went from the original SIG P320 grip to the SIG X grip, and then to a Wilson grip. I really like the Wilson grip, it just fits my hand better. The texturing is fine, it’s grippy enough for me. It’s just more ergonomically designed. I added the weight kit for better balance.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the Wilson grips. They do fit my hand better. Grayguns also is an option if you prefer the form factor of the SIG grip but want better stippling (P320 and P365).

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airgunner:

I was wondering about that (using a 320 for competitions with a non Sig grip module)? I know most matches will say that if the grip has been stippled or modified it will disqualify it for the Production class. I'm assuming running something like the WC grip module would have the same effect?

The Wilson grip module was originally not allowed for production, or carry options; USPSA did approve the complete Wilson WCP-320, because enough have been sold to qualify as a production model.

The grip module wasn't allowed for production, and wasn't allowed for carry optics as the flared lower part of the grip module was considered a "mag well." Since then, the verdict has changed, and the Wilson P320 grip module is allowed under USPSA for production and carry optics.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilson full size on a VTAC build and the grip purchase for me, is better the the X.

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 23, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I like the Wilson grip very much but my GGI X grip feels better in my hands as it fills my hand better. Grips are like shoes...subtleties can make a big difference.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Definitely not just cosmetic. There's a noticeable difference in dimensions and how it feels/sits in your hand. They're narrower than the factory grip, with a more oval shape, plus the texture is an improvement over the factory grips.

I don't like the Wilson grips quite as much as the X-Carry/X-Compact grips, but I like them more than the standard P320 grips.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The Wilson grip module was originally not allowed for production, or carry options; USPSA did approve the complete Wilson WCP-320, because enough have been sold to qualify as a production model.

The grip module wasn't allowed for production, and wasn't allowed for carry optics as the flared lower part of the grip module was considered a "mag well." Since then, the verdict has changed, and the Wilson P320 grip module is allowed under USPSA for production and carry optics.

Good to know. Thanks

Posts: 71 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: January 07, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't care for the WC grip. Went back to my X grip and I like it better.

Posts: 493 | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I purchased my P320cRX due to the Sig grip as compared to my G23.3 that I had carried for decades. I loved the ergonomics of the Sig grip and would still be there if it weren't for the reviews of the WC grip. So, I purchased the "Compact" model.

I really like everything about the WC grip. It feels a touch narrower and my purchase seems to feel higher. All in all, a great product at the price-point.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post