SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 vs P365XL Anybody Have Both
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 vs P365XL Anybody Have Both Login/Join 
posted
I have the P365 and after firing 20 or more rounds, the trigger irritates my finger. I had the Sig straight trigger installed hoping it would cure the problem. It may have helped a bit but didn't cure the problem. My theory is that with recoil, my finger is sliding down the face of the trigger and coming it contact with the point of the trigger on its bottom. I'm wondering if the different dimensions of the XL might alter the recoil in a way to fix the problem. I know the XL feels better balanced in my hand. I'm trying to find time to get to the local range, which has a rental P365XL to shoot side by side with my P365 and see if there is a difference. In the meantime, I thought I would see if anyone, who has both has any thoughts.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the XL but have never shot the 365 so I can’t give any personal feedback. One of the gun you tubers I watch from time to time loved the XL but not so much the 365.

I will try and find it and give you the link. I was a little surprised that he thought there was such a big difference since they are basically identical in size if the 365 has the extended mag. other than .4” on the slide.

I think this is the video but I don’t have time to watch it right now. It’s definitely his channel so look around and you should be able to get some impressions from him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w09u43SMKG0

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both and like them both pretty much equally. Shooting them, I can certainly tell the difference between the triggers, but neither is uncomfortable.

I generally carry the 365 since it is smaller and lighter, but I really don't notice anything I'd consider discomfort as a result of the difference in triggers.

I'm still looking for a Romeo Zero for the XL, though I am wondering if they will EVER be available.

Bob

Posts: 1559 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have shot both and havent noticed it but hey I get what felt like trigger slap on USP 40s so everyones different. Have you looked at getting a XL grip module for your 365? I've seen a picture of one in wrapper so it should be as simple as just dropping your triggerpack in and off you go. Hope it works out for you.In the interm they are smaller and slimmer so maybe try more finger on the trigger and see if its how you grip it?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I have both. I bought the XL new and have more range time with it. I bought/traded for the 365 used, and it had the straight trigger already installed. The longest range session with each was between 200 and 300 rounds, and I've not noticed any issues with the trigger finger getting irritated. I will say that the XL does feel more comfortable when shooting. The extra grip length certainly makes a difference.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
I didn't notice any trigger slap or pinch with my 365, curved or straight trigger.
I've never shot it with a 10 round mag though, mine was a Tacpac that came with three 12 round mags.
The grip with the 12 round mag is good but I didn't care for the jiggly butt or the mag well being in the middle of my palm.
The 365 XL grip module and a Hogue sleeve worked out better for me.

The mag release is easy enough to swap out using a paperclip or .050" allen key.
I popped the catch out with my thumbnail.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. All comments are appreciated . I hope tomorrow, I'll get the chance to compare them and I will report back.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, sorry to report, I found no difference in the two. A reminder that I installed the flat trigger on my P365, when I first had the problem with my sore trigger finger. Today, when I shot the XL version alongside of my gun, I found no difference, both made my finger sore. I did notice that the straight trigger has a bump at the bottom and after each shot, my finger was resting on that bump. The standard curved trigger ends in a bit of a point. There is something about my hand or the way I contact the trigget, that is driving the tip of either trigger into my fingertip with recoil.. Well, at least today kept me from buying a gun that wouldn't solve the problem. Thanks for your input.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:
I have both and like them both pretty much equally. Shooting them, I can certainly tell the difference between the triggers, but neither is uncomfortable.

I generally carry the 365 since it is smaller and lighter, but I really don't notice anything I'd consider discomfort as a result of the difference in triggers.

I'm still looking for a Romeo Zero for the XL, though I am wondering if they will EVER be available.

Bob

I have both. these days I carry the XL and my son carries the 365. Being that I always carried with the 12 round Mag as does my son so the longer barrel is not an issue. I plan on switching to the standard trigger as I do not like the flat trigger. You have to go far forward to reset it and it hard to get into it with gloves on. As for the Romeo Zero. I am about to give up as it just seems to be Vapor Ware to me. The last time I talked to Sig they claimed to be shipping 700 a week and then a week later I get an email that my backorder is set back one to two more months. I think that we seeing 2800 a month we would be seeing it. We are getting close to it being one year from when it was supposed to ship.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: August 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post