SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    New Toy. P320C with Romeo Optic.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Toy. P320C with Romeo Optic. Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
So, I did a thing. New P320 Compact with Romeo Optic. I haven't shot it yet, but I did try and fit it in my P320C holster ... No Go! But the holster looks like a bit of patience and a Dremel might solve my problem. However, I usually lose my patience at times like this.

Hopefully tomorrow, I can make it go Bang! If so, I'll report back with a report then.

I'm also experimenting with a new gun oil with this gun. "Liberty Lube". I saw on a gun TV show a segment (More like an ad) where they have a bearing on a motor shaft. A bar sits on the bearing, and weights are hung from the bar, simulating stress. With 1 brand of oil, the bearing squealed with a 1 lb weight hung off the end of the shaft. With others, 3 lbs did it in. And then 5, and 10 lbs. The Liberty Lube they were repping worked the best in this experiment. So, I'm trying Liberty Lube in the new Sig. A few years ago, I experimented with Mobil ! Synthetic oil on a RIA 9mm pistol and she's still going strong. 10+ years ago, I experimented with Mobil 1 Synthetic wheel bearing grease on Beretta choke tube threads and the Beretta is still going strong. I'll probably report back on the oil, but not so soon.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. Picked one up a couple of months ago. You'll find the optic is co-indexed with the sights already. It's very accurate.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
So, just as I got to the range, I had to get on a conference call. Being responsible sucks. I never did get to shoot it.

But, while driving home, I thought of a question I'm sure has a simple explanation. When I want to shoot mine, I need to turn on the optic, and I'm told it has an auto shut off. But, those of you who carry with an optic professionally, how do you turn the optic on while drawing? Is there a way it turns on by itself? Or do you train with an extra maneuver to turn it on?

As of right now, the P320C/Romeo I is more novelty than a defensive carry piece, but I'm hearing of more and more agencies transitioning to optic handguns.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Sig Romeo 1 RDS is motion activated, so don't worry, the dot will be illuminated when you draw from your holster. However, if it's the original Romeo 1 RDS, and it's your EDC, you should change your batteries frequently, say every 45 days, just to be safe. I also recommend the $50 shroud that Sig sells to protect the Romeo 1. I've put the shroud on all my Sig Romeo 1's and they're very durable providing lots of protection for the optic.

Posts: 70 | Registered: May 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
And I finally got to put about 100 rounds through her. Since I have a Sig P320C with traditional Sig Lites, both came along.

If first impressions are to be trusted, I'm not all that impressed. I found that it took a while longer to index the sight. But, it was only 100 rounds. Maybe future practice will improve those times. At the end of the session, I was still shooting my P320C with Sig Lites faster and more accurately.