SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 RX now or wait for X-Carry?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 RX now or wait for X-Carry? Login/Join 
Picture of Hangfire79
posted
As the title states, should I keep my pre-order on the X-Carry or get the RX? Is the X-Carry really that big of an improvement on the P320? I've never had a carry gun with lightening cuts and don't know how I feel about that. Thanks for any insight.

Posts: 115 | Registered: August 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Well the XCarry has a fullsize 17rd grip but is only something like 1/4" longer than the Grip on the 320C with a 15rd mag.

I'm really interested in the X-Carry but want to see one in person before I plunk any cash down on one.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
I planned on buying an optic anyways but I have to ask myself, will the X Carry be that much better than the P320 Carry or Compact that I want to be $1K into a polymer carry gun?

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
Have you held both? I have a 320-RX and a 320-X5 and the biggest difference is the grip. I really like the flatter sides of the X5, it seems to help me index the pistol and track the red dot better.

I also really like the flat trigger, you could always add the flat PELT to the RX though.

The sight plate is also pretty slick on the X5 Carry but if you want to use a Romeo and back up irons the RX is the way to go. The Romeo has a very small rear sight, it may be usable in a pinch. The X5 Carry also has the SIG X Ray front sight.

They're both great pistols and I shoot them both very well, I'm a getting quicker with the X5 and that will be my main pistol. I'd suggest at least holding both before you decide.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
I have held the standard P320 but have not had the opportunity to hold the X series frame, and I doubt any LGS will have any anytime soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hangfire79,

posted Hide Post
At this point, I'd wait for the xcarry. You'll have much more options and will also have the top of the line 320. It'll cost you a little more by having to buy the optic separately but overall better options to configure the gun how you want due to the modularity.

Posts: 178 | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
I was kind of thinking similarly. I'd want yo upgrade the trigger on the RX and stipple the frame. I also like the option of an optic on the X Carry but still having factory whenever I please.

Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
I've currently got a FS RX, Compact RX as well as a X5 grip module (with an X5 slide assembly on the way also). I will say the X series grips are phenomenal. They did a really nice job of changing the things that I felt cause a lot of the low-left hits people are complaining about with these pistols.

But to answer your question, it depends on how you plan to use the pistol. I think the RX models are a great value but the X models seem to be quite nice also. The only way to get a Romeo is with an RX currently (and I don't see that changing in the near future) but I have heard the Deltapoint Pro is a relatively easy retrofit.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
I've currently got a FS RX, Compact RX as well as a X5 grip module (with an X5 slide assembly on the way also). I will say the X series grips are phenomenal. They did a really nice job of changing the things that I felt cause a lot of the low-left hits people are complaining about with these pistols.

But to answer your question, it depends on how you plan to use the pistol. I think the RX models are a great value but the X models seem to be quite nice also. The only way to get a Romeo is with an RX currently (and I don't see that changing in the near future) but I have heard the Deltapoint Pro is a relatively easy retrofit.

Where did you guy a X-5 grip module??

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NerdRage80:
quote:

Right place right time and asking nicely can go a long way.

NXGen Tactical

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only way to get a Romeo is with an RX currently (and I don't see that changing in the near future)

Do you mean from the factory? They are for sale individually correct?

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangfire79:
quote:
The only way to get a Romeo is with an RX currently (and I don't see that changing in the near future)

The Romeo 1s are for sale but they are impossible to find. If you want a red dot right away Springer Precision just released adapter plates for the X5. I think you can mount the Delta Point, RMR, Venom and the Fastfire.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't think it's possible to purchase a Romeo1 by itself yet.

NXGen Tactical

100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by NerdRage80:
quote:

Right place right time and asking nicely can go a long way.

Now I'm jealous!!!! I'd LOVE to have one or two of those for my RX! :-)

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
No doubt. If I could have the X frame with the flat trigger and the RX slide with a co witness Xray3 front sight..... Shazaam!

100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
No doubt. If I could have the X frame with the flat trigger and the RX slide with a co witness Xray3 front sight..... Shazaam!

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!!!!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by isthatasiginyourpocket:
quote:
quote:

The Romeo 1s are for sale but they are impossible to find. If you want a red dot right away Springer Precision just released adapter plates for the X5. I think you can mount the Delta Point, RMR, Venom and the Fastfire.

Thank you for the tip. Just ordered one from Springer Precision. Very much appreciated.

Posts: 117 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I don't think I would carry the X Carry. Just too much material cut out of the slide for dirt to get into. The X Grip is very nice IMO and I like it on my X Five. Phil said that the grips may be released in 2017 after the new models are all out. an RX top end on the X Grip would be nice for carry. The adaptor plates are for the X Five and not the RX models as far as I know. I wouldn't carry a red dot without back up sights and I would not chose the Romeo 1 as my 1st choice for carry due to it being fragile compared to some of the competition.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hangfire79
posted Hide Post
I might just try and pick up a compact RX while I wait.

100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
I might just try and pick up a compact RX while I wait.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my full size 320RX