SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A quick bit of advice for new shooters/gun owners. Only buy factory OEM mags or Known Quantity Aftermarket Mags.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A quick bit of advice for new shooters/gun owners. Only buy factory OEM mags or Known Quantity Aftermarket Mags. Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by abnmacv:
Bought Triple K magazines for an older Beretta and they do not fit. Considering painting the magazines, adding treble hooks and making them pike lures.

Ok that's funny but you realize the new pike bait is hot dogs right? Much more economical than painting up and modifying crappy mags. Big Grin

Thread drift complete. Razz

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does ETS fall in here some where?

About the only time ETS mags regularly work have been with Glocks (and guns that use Glock magazines). That I'm certain was their first effort at making aftermarket mags. Probably feeling (over)confident about their skill set they branched out to other brands, and so far have had more negative results than positives. We've had more attempted returns of ETS mags for other makes (S&W M&P, CZ Scorpion, HK VP9, SIG P320), which we won't take back if there's obvious signs of use. Not exactly fair, but that's been our policy like forever. It's the same as it is with the guns themselves. So if a customer has a beef with an ETS mag, take it up with the manufacturer. Some customers who buy the ETS schlock know of the problems beforehand, yet apparently want to experience them for themselves since the mags are relatively cheap compared to OEM. Hoping against all hope I say, but whatever.

As for other brands: Wilson Combat, while more OEM than not, makes great mags that work in all sorts of 1911s. CMC is another aftermarket make that have run great in my guns. Magpul have proven themselves worthy with the Glock platform. While Butler Creek mags I run and hide from when it comes to the 10/22 platform. Even their steel lip mags hang up. Pretty much ALL aftermarket 10/22 mags are a sad joke; just suck it up and buy only Ruger.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine uses ETS mags in his Glocks and P-320 and says they're fine as range mags but he wouldn't use them for carry, only OEM for that.

My own experiences over quite a few years mesh with what others have already said. Mec-Gar, Magpul, ACT are good. For 1911s, Wilson or McCormick (CMC) or Metalform or Checkmate. Never tried MDS, I used to have an M9 but only used Beretta mags in it. When I had Sigs I used OEM or ACT mags in them.

For ARs: Okay / SureFeed, NHMTG, or D&H are good for aluminum mags. Lancer or Magpul if you like polymer.

Avoid ProMag, USA, Triple-K, and yes Butler Creek.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
ETS. At least my personal experience. MP5-suck. Sig suck. Hk double suck. Evo suck.
no idea on glock but my local dealer says that he hasn't had many come back. AR no idea as well but why when there are so many great proven choices.

Didn’t Agony have like 50k through ETS with no issues through a couple of Glocks?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
ProMag are great if you need a lot of practice with your immediate action drills. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Didn’t Agony have like 50k through ETS with no issues through a couple of Glocks?

I don't remember the exact number of rounds, but he ran a lot of rounds with no issues in a pretty comprehensive test. As such they may be good to go, I have not personally tested them when actual factory Glock mags are so easily available and cheap. But for the others I noted I have personally tested them and tried to work with ETS to resolve issues and in the end they just suck. and their support system totally is incoherent and not in any way helpful. I wouldn't suggest that anyone buy any, even the glock ones which may be fine due to that alone.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
KCI Glock mags have been 99% for me. Never a problem until I dropped a full mag on gravel. The base plate shattered.
I replaced all my base plates with orange Glock training plates and use them on the range. No other issues over thousands of rounds. I think they are a Korean military supplier.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post