SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    HK experts, what is a HK "Mod PSP", and why is it as costly as brand new car?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HK experts, what is a HK "Mod PSP", and why is it as costly as brand new car? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Even the M&P Shield and the Mosquito they're selling are "awesome". Lol.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And, on the really interesting side, they're listing a Walther P5. The typical P5 is nothing to write home, but what makes this one really fascinating to me is that the grip frame is not of the P5 but that of the P5 Compact. Never seen anything like that before. So, here is another question for the experts. Have you ever seen a Walther P5 with a grip frame of the P5 Compact? This is NOT a FrankenP5, since all numbers match. I'm not linking it, since it's alive auction.

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Lots of stupid lately.

$23k Rem 870

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have a P5 and owned a P5 compact at one time. I have never seen a “mix” of the two. Interesting.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The PSP was introduced in 1976. This example was built/ proofed in 1978 (HI date code). How is it a "prototype" anything? Confused

This help any? Point is, it’s worth $32k to someone. How smart or savvy that someone is, I don’t feel qualified to to comment on.

“The PSP was produced from May of 1976 through 1978. Only 239 total models were manufactured. The serial numbers for the PSP go from 001-239, then 240-250 are for the PSP/P7, and after 251 starts the P7 series.”

sp&catid=6:the-pistols&Itemid=5" target="_blank">https://www.hkpro.com/index.ph...the-pistols&Itemid=5

“ The PSP was produced from May 1976 until 1978; with only 239 pistols manufactured in total. A transitional group of 10 pistols marked either PSP or P7 were then made before serialised production of the P7 began in 1979. All three of the competing pistols from Walther, SIG-Sauer and Heckler & Koch were deemed acceptable for service with the various West German state and Federal police forces. Each state was allowed to purchase which pistol they prefered. The P7 was the most expensive of the three pistols but was selected by the elite Federal counter-terrorism and special operations unit GSG9 and a number of state police forces including: the North Rhine-Westphalia Police’s Spezialeinsatzkommandos (SEK) or Special Operations Command, Baden-Württemberg Police’s plain clothes officers, and Saxony and Bavaria’s police forces. These contracts saw Heckler & Koch’s total P7 production going solely to the police for the first two years.”

https://www.historicalfirearms...ch-began-development

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let’s start out with: I don’t think it’s worth anywhere near $32K. But I’m not the one that decides value.

As popular as the P7 has become, there’s really kinda scant sources for definitive answers on its evolution, at least that I’ve seen. May Ian will do a video from HK’s Gray Room (or maybe he has and I missed it).

Anyway, from my understanding, the P7 didn’t become the P7 until it passed trials along with the P5 and P6. Before that, it was the PSP. Early versions had shorter grip panels, where the mag base plate stuck out a bit and also the heel mag release was more of a triangular lever. Inadvertent mag releases made for a slight redesign, Both in the shape of the lever and the length of the grip to make the release lever more flush.

Then we all know the P7M8 (and variations) moved the mag release to the frame by the trigger guard (more “American” but still a lever, not a button), extended the trigger guard, and added the heat shield to the trigger guard.

No one really knows why the P7/PSP is prone to turning plum. Whether it was a process/heat error, or unintended or even accepted consequence of their intentional process or what.

And if anyone knows anything above to be incorrect or have additional information, no ego here, correct me!

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Let’s start out with: I don’t think it’s worth anywhere near $32K. But I’m not the one that decides value.

As popular as the P7 has become, there’s really kinda scant sources for definitive answers on its evolution, at least that I’ve seen. May Ian will do a video from HK’s Gray Room (or maybe he has and I missed it).

Anyway, from my understanding, the P7 didn’t become the P7 until it passed trials along with the P5 and P6. Before that, it was the PSP. Early versions had shorter grip panels, where the mag base plate stuck out a bit and also the heel mag release was more of a triangular lever. Inadvertent mag releases made for a slight redesign, Both in the shape of the lever and the length of the grip to make the release lever more flush.

Then we all know the P7M8 (and variations) moved the mag release to the frame by the trigger guard (more “American” but still a lever, not a button), extended the trigger guard, and added the heat shield to the trigger guard.

No one really knows why the P7/PSP is prone to turning plum. Whether it was a process/heat error, or unintended or even accepted consequence of their intentional process or what.

And if anyone knows anything above to be incorrect or have additional information, no ego here, correct me!

some Ruger rifles will turn Plum as well ,

was told it was due to the metallurgy, and bluing process,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
some Ruger rifles will turn Plum as well ,

So do many SIGS. Especially the hammers.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post