SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Carry Slide on a P320 X-Carry Frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Carry Slide on a P320 X-Carry Frame Login/Join 
posted
Does it work? I've searched around for it online and on here a little bit, and don't see that anyone has tried or knows. Any help is appreciated. I can't stand the rx slide cut/cover and the huge obnoxious oval porting, but love that frame and trigger.

Former Owner of an MCX, MPX, P229 Stainless Elite ASE, P229 Legion, 516 fde, Mk25 9mm, P226 tacops 9mm, P226 Extreme 40, and a P320 I'm still trying to track down.

Posts: 69 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post
It works just fine, but Sig isn't selling them yet.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Posts: 597 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the X Carry as well as a FS 9mm and Compact. I mix and match slides, FCU and grips with all three. No issues! That’s the beauty of the P320 platform. You can also take your 45 ACP FCU and put it in a 9mm grip module and slide and it also functions perfectly.

Posts: 172 | Registered: January 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Make sure you hold an x-frame first. Personally, I find the original grip to be far more comfortable.

I was really hoping they’d make an x five without the lighting cuts and that I’d finally get a 320. I held the x five yesterday and it killed my interest.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Regenerationrules:
Does it work? I've searched around for it online and on here a little bit, and don't see that anyone has tried or knows. Any help is appreciated. I can't stand the rx slide cut/cover and the huge obnoxious oval porting, but love that frame and trigger.

Yes. The standard compact /carry slide wil work on the X Carry frame. What you are describing is basically the new DHS /ICE duty gun, minus the flat trigger.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Make sure you hold an x-frame first. Personally, I find the original grip to be far more comfortable.

I was really hoping they’d make an x five without the lighting cuts and that I’d finally get a 320. I held the x five yesterday and it killed my interest.

We didn’t design the X-5 grip module to be comfortable. We designed it to optimize the shooters ability to run it accurately at maximum speed. Why not actually shoot one and provide a more informed opinion?

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
I own both and agree, I like the regular P320 grip module.

I shoot north of 30,000 rounds a year, hope that qualifies a worthwhile opinion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
I prefer the feel of the x series grips. Guess I’m in the minority

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
I prefer the feel of the x series grips. Guess I’m in the minority

No, you are not! I have 3 P320s and like the grips, but 2 weeks ago, I got an X Carry and feel the grip is superior. This X Carry grip allows for a higher hold and minimizes the high bore axis the other p320s have, and comfortable to boot without the need to use a Talon grips.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:

We didn’t design the X-5 grip module to be comfortable. We designed it to optimize the shooters ability to run it accurately at maximum speed. Why not actually shoot one and provide a more informed opinion?

-Bruce

woot! Function over form;what a concept!

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Put me in the X-Carry grip preference club, but I am happy to shoot either.

I have a total of five P320s at this point. X-Carry, Compact RX, TacOps Carry, FrankenP (SC slide on cutdown compact grip), and .45 Compact. Also have a FS X-Change.

Wouldn’t mind picking up a few X frames, if anyone is unhappy with theirs let me know!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
quote:

-Bruce

I’ve run plenty of guns that functioned beautifully AND were comfortable. IMO the X Five is a huge miss all around. I’m glad others are happy with theirs, but all I did was let someone know that they don’t feel nearly as good in the hand as the regular 320. If that’s not important for him, or if the x frame works better for his hand, great.

The x five frame looks nicer imo, and I think that’s why a lot of people are interested getting one. So I simply gave the man a data point to consider.

I’ll run an x five when it’s something I would consider buying. For now, I have zero interest in one. I’m waiting for an M&P CORE 2.0. I bet it will have both function and form...and God willing, no lightening cuts.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post