SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 #8 front tritium sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 #8 front tritium sight Login/Join 
posted
Getting a little frustrated trying to find a set of sights, #8 first and rear, for a new P365 that has the #6 front sight.

I like to see the holes in the target just above my front sight. With the #6 front sight, that comes standard on the 365, that doesn't happen.

I search, get hits on DuckDuckGo, Google and Amazon, go there and find it does not list a P365 #8 front sight. Grrrrr! I'm hoping to find a set with a big old Yellow or Orange front dot.

Calling Trijicon has been painful and though I'd love to have Trijicon sights, I would prefer to buy them from another seller, if possible.

Most any of the "big names, Trijicon, TruGlo, XS, etc. would be great if you can steer me to a dealer that has them or tell me what YOU ordered to get your #8 front and #8 rear night sights.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same frustrations as you regarding POA/POI on my P365.... and the front sight was dead about two months after I bought it. SIG was good about sending me a replacement front sight. I decided to try Night Fisions (plain black rear and green dot with tritium front) and have been very happy with them, especially since the bullets now land where I want them.

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wound up buying a set of Sig night sights, I think from Sig for $49.99 a few months ago, as I could not find any colored night sights or fiber optic types without spending more than I wanted. I could not shoot the #6/#8 sight combo well when I got my P365 and all my shots were low. Changing to the #8 front made a big difference for me and accuracy is spot on now,even though I would prefer a fiber optic more.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! I never even heard of Night Fisions before, at least until Mesabi mentioned them. But I looked at the site and was quite impressed.

The lady who answered the phone was very knowledgeable and set me on the right path for what I wanted. $113 got me what I was looking for, three dots, and the front one (a #8 size) being a big ol' yeller one.

So far, so good. And thank you for the replies.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my slide back to Sig for a #8 front sight to be installed. I'm remembering 60$ and a one week turn around. Very satisfied,
OZ

Posts: 159 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
#8 Front and #8 Rear X-Ray sights with square notch are showing in stock here:

https://www.yowieoe.com/produc...03-798681524723-2913

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a set of Trijicon Hds, with the yellow front sight, and love them. I believe the front sight ONLY was available, but, buying the complete set wasn't much more

Posts: 221 | Location: WI | Registered: October 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too would like to raise my POI to the top of the front sight post, but have hesitated based on my experience with previous Sig sights. They are VERY difficult to move in the 6 examples I've worked on. While I've not replaced a front or rear, I have used my sight pusher to adjust the windage in the rear sight on several. The front sight would be even tougher to adjust with its small dovetail. Sending it back to Sig makes a lot more sense to me, rather than screwing up the tritium vial.

Here's one add'l thought: I have found that when shooting my 365 at speed, I rarely pull the front sight down level with the rear...this results in shots that impact a cpl inches higher at 15 yds. than my more careful sight alignment when shooting slow fire. In effect, I'm getting the impact points I desire, when shooting as I would in a defensive encounter...YMMv, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 727 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post